Good rainproof jersey with excellent breathability ?

13»

Comments

• menthel
    menthel Posts: 2,484
    t4tomo wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    Pearl Izumi P.R.O Barrier Lite is good. I wore mine on a 100km audax on Saturday in wind, rain, hail and just generally awful conditions. It was light, waterproof and I didn't get too hot (mainly because I chose the appropriate layers underneath- LS Torm top and base). I love mine and would recommend them as a great packable jacket.
    I'll second that-it also packs away to nothing size, but it's not a jersey which was the original topic.

Well, I also have LS and SS gabbas- excellent yet expensive. For colder weather I have an espresso due jacket which is like a roubaix gabba- great for winter.

I guess its all about picking the right thing for the job.

If you know it is going to rain a gabba type top is best (SS for summer, LS for a bit cooler and something like the espresso in the winter).

If it looks like being dry then your usual wear plus a good packable jacket- the pearl izumi is ideal in this situation.
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    evans got some good deals on Castelli softshells at the moment:
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cas ... 4#features
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cas ... t-ec053307
    The bottom one is very similar to a Gabba, but doesn't have x-lite windstopper below the elbow on the arms, which possibly makes it even more breathable? if I'd seen these at 99 quid I might have saved myself a bundle and gone for that instead of the LS Gabba :cry:
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Luv2ride wrote:
    The bottom one is very similar to a Gabba, but doesn't have x-lite windstopper below the elbow on the arms, which possibly makes it even more breathable? if I'd seen these at 99 quid I might have saved myself a bundle and gone for that instead of the LS Gabba :cry:

The Trasparente is a great bit of kit too, especially at that price, but it isn't really a substitute for a LS Gabba. It doesn't have the same protection and is more comparable to wearing a Fawesome vest over a LS baselayer.
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    I rate the Cervo Rosso Ibrido. It's been perfect over the last few weeks in everything from +2-3°C to +10-12°C. I've worn it with a merino vest or t-shirt on the milder days and with a lightweight long sleeve merino undershirt on the colder days. It's not going to keep you completely dry in a downpour but it does provide protection from roadspray and showers. There's 15% off too with code AP201312 - http://www.cervorosso.com/index.php?sec ... op&catId=4
  • tazmon
    tazmon Posts: 107
    I highly recommend the Sportful Bodyfit Pro jacket over a base layer. It's been superb, kept me dry, kept the wind out and is incredibly breathable. I was sceptical about how good tops like this could be, but I'm totally convinced they are worth every penny!

Cheers
    Rory
    Road - Scott Solace
    Mountain - Santa Cruz Tazmon (retro) and Scott Spark