What's happened to WTB?

2»

Comments

• rayjay wrote:
    But he should not be getting Sh%%. Disagree, state your opinion. But some of the comments that were aimed his way went to far IMO. IMO there are a group of posters who have a set mind about most issues. There is never any give or hardly any acknowledgment on any on else's view. I have apologised a few times on this sight and if I am wrong I am happy to admit it. You may well get fed up with the same opinion or the same doping issues that come up and all of us are guilty of repeating ourselves. I can see how WBT would annoy some just like my views do as well.. But if he does not have a link or proof to something he has stated then just move on, take the victory , we can all see it.
    It's no good posting post after post asking for the same proof if he has not got it.
    Blazing posted that I said Armstrong never doped and I only admitted he doped when he got caught :lol: , which is something I have never said , most know my views about doping. I have asked Blazing for an apology for making false accusations and also the insulting nature of the post. He will not apologise even though he was totally wrong. This is the sort of blind ignorance and immature behaviour that we could well do without. I will defend myself against insults and some time insults will fly back . We all do it. But IMO it got a bit out of hand with WBT.

Yes, you have asked for an apology.
    Seems I put a real burr up your backside.
    Now, let's look at the offending post where I accuse you of what you claim.......

He'll respond in the usual, fan boy with a man crush, manner.
    He'll totally ignore the article and question, repeat 7 Tour wins, best ever rider etc and decorate his post a heap of smilies because it's the closest he can get to humour.

Funny. I fail to see any reference to what you claim.

So, how about an apology to me for your deliberate misinterpretation?
    On second thoughts, don't bother, just drop it.
    This sort of constant sniping is what is turning
    decent folks away from the forum.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ThomThom wrote:
    Shame this guy gets a thread while good posters that are gone aren't.

This is just yet another thread fuelling things up..

I never got my own thread.

Also "Where's Kleber?"
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rayjay
    rayjay Posts: 1,384
    Blazing Saddles wrote:He'll respond in the usual, fan boy with a man crush, manner.
    He'll totally ignore the article and question, repeat 7 Tour wins, best ever rider etc and decorate his post a heap of smilies because it's the closest he can get to humour

I answered all the questions asked. I answered honestly and did not defend Armstrong's doping.

I never posted any smiles . I did not ignore any of the questions or ignore the article in question

I did the opposite of every think you implied and suggested I would do.

Your post above was made because of your limited perception of people and what they really think.

So all those child remarks and implications that you have made are WRONG.
  • rayjay wrote:
    I answered all the questions asked. I answered honestly and did not defend Armstrong's doping.

I never posted any smiles . I did not ignore any of the questions or ignore the article in question

Your post above was made because of your limited perception of people and what they really think.

Really?
    Just 7 posts before mine......
    He'll totally ignore the article and question, repeat 7 Tour wins, best ever rider etc and decorate his post a heap of smilies because it's the closest he can get to humour.

we have:
    rayjay wrote:
    Armstrong is bound to be back in the limelight. I for one would be pleased to see the 7 time tour winner and his views on the film. Best tour rider ever. Absolutely no doubt about it. :D

Now, drop it, or get put on ignore. Your choice.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rayjay
    rayjay wrote:

Really?

we have:
    rayjay wrote:
    Armstrong is bound to be back in the limelight. I for one would be pleased to see the 7 time tour winner and his views on the film. Best tour rider ever. Absolutely no doubt about it. :D

As for the article, you made no attempt to respond to Bo Duke's question:
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Hey Ray,

How do you respond to both the article below but more importantly the response LA gives under oath in the video?

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2014 ... ions.html/

I would be happy to see Armstrongs views on the film ...why not? I do think he was the best tour winner, That IMO.

I was well aware that he and just about every other team was doping as well .

I responded to the article and gave my opinion. I do not have to give a response to every single word that was spoken.

If you want to put me on ignore ,go ahead. No response from you is better than the usual insults and childish responses you usually post,,,,bye then
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    rayjay wrote:
    I would be happy to see Armstrongs views on the film ...why not? I do think he was the best tour winner, That IMO.

He wasn't the best Tour winner ever, there is no winner for that period. He created a 3 week Sportive in France during the month of July and was the first to finish 7 times.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • rayjay wrote:

He wasn't the best Tour winner ever, there is no winner for that period. He created a 3 week Sportive in France during the month of July and was the first to finish 7 times.

The idea that even if his record stood he was a better rider than the likes of Merckx and Indurain is highly debatable also. Obviously, in my opinion.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rayjay
    I think Merckx was without doubt the greatest rider. No dispute from me on that point.

Armstrong only really focused on the tour and he was very difficult to beat. So just for the tour I give LA the nod.

Both riders have been convicted of doping
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    rayjay wrote:

Really?

we have:
    rayjay wrote:

This is how the very few on this forum act, not just you rayjay but you are a big culprit of it. You say something never happened, you get proven wrong and you just change the basis of the argument, it's the marginal gains thread all over. I

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A DIG OR CHILDISH REMARK IT IS (AS YOU OFTEN JUSTIFY THINGS) MY OPINION.
  • rayjay
    sjmclean, don't pick and edit comments to fit in with your point.

I ANSWERED ALL THE QUESTIONS ASKED. Go take a look at the post.

I am allowed to say I enjoyed Armstrongs tour wins. I have never denied he doped. The article shown shows him lying. I never defended his lies one bit as Tailwind claimed I would.

Your posts are taken out of context and order.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    The Hog got an involuntary week's holiday, so the Clinic is on down time.
    Plus, Porte only finishing 4th didn't help.
    No action there means no action anywhere.
    The Likely Lads are still here, but probably taking the opportunity to re-write
    their manifesto.

Maybe a thread along the lines of: "Is Kimmage on the Garmin Bandwagon?" might grab
    their attention.

Just WHAT do you have to do to get banned from the Asylum? Genuinely intrigued.

Suggest that it's impossible to win the Tour without doping - and therefore Lemond must have doped.

Don't agree. LeMond's wins came before EPO. He very quickly slipped down the peloton after that.

And whilst there is still the potential to micro-dose EPO and blood dope and get away with it, there will always be problems. From what I have read on the subject (and I of course may well be wrong), the testing procedure is nowhere near good enough to pick up on those who choose these methods. Therefore it will still happen. That's my belief and that of many others who get pilloried.

This doesn't need an affadavit to understand, and it's pretty naive to not think that cycling is still seriously affected as are all sports that rely largely on stamina.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,938
    rayjay wrote:

I am allowed to say I enjoyed Armstrongs tour wins. I have never denied he doped. The article shown shows him lying. I never defended his lies one bit as Tailwind claimed I would.

You're losing track of who you're arguing with.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    rayjay wrote:

I've quoted the whole comment from page 2 of this thread, I don't see where I have misquoted anything. No editing, it serves my point completely and your reply further confirms it.

Read the two comments.
  • rayjay
    sjmclean wrote:
    rayjay wrote:

I've quoted the whole comment from page 2 of this thread, I don't see where I have misquoted anything. No editing, it serves my point completely and your reply further confirms it.

Read the two comments.

Its not from this thread. which I pointed out.

I made my point quite clear. its all there to see on the LA thread.

if you want to carry on being a pedantic ar%% that's up to you.

If you want to carry on with your small minded witch- hunt that's up to you.

Perhaps you could find better things to do with your time.

That's up to you.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    On the subject of absent 'friends', what ever happened to Jaimie Fuller? Did he change cycling?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Macaloon wrote:
    The exquisite irony of "Captain Anagram" misspelling the Thread clue :mrgreen:

nah. the thread title IS a clue
    "happened to" means anagram of WTB = WBT!
  • RichN95 wrote:
    On the subject of absent 'friends', what ever happened to Jaimie Fuller? Did he change cycling?

After clapping himself on the back for having got rid of Pat, his latest craze was the Ben Johnson Rehabilitation Tour

Who's next for the Fuller treatment? Anyone care to lay a bet?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Wherever tight underwer is in short supply...he' ll be there!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:

He sure did.

I sometimes miss Howard and his brand of insanity.

Kleber and Titanium too.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Oh Howard/Bernie/Aurelio/whoever he was before that...

@gietvangent
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    RichN95 wrote:

For certain values of "now", yes ;)
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves