Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

What's happened to WTB?

PBoPBo Posts: 2,493
edited January 2014 in Pro race
His profile has disappeared.

He's gone - and taken the Freiburg affidavits with him!!
«1

Posts

  • ddraverddraver Posts: 23,203
    I think the clinic see us as a soft touch - too bad for them
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,678
    If it is white boy trash you are referring to, I imagine he has manifested himself as The Truth or someone like that.
  • mike6mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Simply changed profile, like Dr Who. :D

    Any poster with multiple posts, grouped one after the other. :roll:
  • PBoPBo Posts: 2,493
    sjmclean wrote:
    If it is white boy trash you are referring to, I imagine he has manifested himself as The Truth or someone like that.

    Nah, the truth hasn't said "thoughts?" or "yes?" once!
  • Yellow PerilYellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    just contact Wikipedia, they'll know where he is. He is their best customer.
    @JaunePeril

    Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 23,203
    The modmins can tell if he switches usernames and would give him a hefty wack with the...

    4240193120_d26d80ba78.jpg
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ProssPross Posts: 29,567
    Don't know where he's gone but his legacy seems to have been to convince a poster with similar views that if you say the same thing over and over again, no matter how many people eloquently point out your talking nonsense, it will become accepted fact.
  • Yellow PerilYellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Pross wrote:
    Don't know where he's gone but his legacy seems to have been to convince a poster with similar views that if you say the same thing over and over again, no matter how many people eloquently point out your talking nonsense, it will become accepted fact.

    A tried and tested formula by politicians in parts of pre -war Europe which led to...er...a war
    @JaunePeril

    Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • PBoPBo Posts: 2,493
    "The truth" has also gone (I mean profile disappeared, not just stopped posting).
  • No_Ta_DoctorNo_Ta_Doctor Posts: 11,187
    Both their profiles still exist. They may be temporarily suspended or just lurking.

    Either way, a thread calling them out by name probably isn't all that helpful... :?
    “Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

    @DrHeadgear

    The Vikings are coming!
  • Yellow PerilYellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Both their profiles still exist. They may be temporarily suspended or just lurking.

    Either way, a thread calling them out by name probably isn't all that helpful... :?

    Yes it reminds me of a scary film I saw last night called "30 days of night"
    @JaunePeril

    Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • PBoPBo Posts: 2,493
    Both their profiles still exist. They may be temporarily suspended or just lurking.

    Either way, a thread calling them out by name probably isn't all that helpful... :?

    I know, but I don't know how much longer I can wait for those affidavits!

    Little did we know when WBT said "I'm on foot" before Xmas, what he actually meant was an Oatesean "I'm just going outside. I may be some time...."

    When I say the profiles have gone, I mean that if you click their name to pm, or see when they last posted, no info comes up.
  • No_Ta_DoctorNo_Ta_Doctor Posts: 11,187
    PBo wrote:
    Both their profiles still exist. They may be temporarily suspended or just lurking.

    Either way, a thread calling them out by name probably isn't all that helpful... :?

    I know, but I don't know how much longer I can wait for those affidavits!

    Little did we know when WBT said "I'm on foot" before Xmas, what he actually meant was an Oatesean "I'm just going outside. I may be some time...."

    When I say the profiles have gone, I mean that if you click their name to pm, or see when they last posted, no info comes up.

    Well for obvious reasons I haven't tried to PM either of them, but I can see their profiles and they were here on Friday and Wednesday respectively.

    Maybe you've just been blocked?
    “Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

    @DrHeadgear

    The Vikings are coming!
  • The Hog got an involuntary week's holiday, so the Clinic is on down time.
    Plus, Porte only finishing 4th didn't help.
    No action there means no action anywhere.
    The Likely Lads are still here, but probably taking the opportunity to re-write
    their manifesto.

    Maybe a thread along the lines of: "Is Kimmage on the Garmin Bandwagon?" might grab
    their attention.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rayjayrayjay Posts: 1,384
    Pross wrote:
    Don't know where he's gone but his legacy seems to have been to convince a poster with similar views that if you say the same thing over and over again, no matter how many people eloquently point out your talking nonsense, it will become accepted fact.


    Or no matter how many times WBT gave a view he kept getting bombarded with insults and childish comments
    and the same reply's trying to convince him that their opinion is better.

    WBT expressed an opinion and because it those not fit in with the boys club that post on this sight he gets sh7t
  • The Hog got an involuntary week's holiday, so the Clinic is on down time.
    Plus, Porte only finishing 4th didn't help.
    No action there means no action anywhere.
    The Likely Lads are still here, but probably taking the opportunity to re-write
    their manifesto.

    Maybe a thread along the lines of: "Is Kimmage on the Garmin Bandwagon?" might grab
    their attention.

    Just WHAT do you have to do to get banned from the Asylum? Genuinely intrigued.
  • ProssPross Posts: 29,567
    The Hog got an involuntary week's holiday, so the Clinic is on down time.
    Plus, Porte only finishing 4th didn't help.
    No action there means no action anywhere.
    The Likely Lads are still here, but probably taking the opportunity to re-write
    their manifesto.

    Maybe a thread along the lines of: "Is Kimmage on the Garmin Bandwagon?" might grab
    their attention.

    Just WHAT do you have to do to get banned from the Asylum? Genuinely intrigued.

    Suggest that the majority of the peloton are clean and praise Sky's anti-doping efforts I should think.
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 23,203
    rayjay wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Don't know where he's gone but his legacy seems to have been to convince a poster with similar views that if you say the same thing over and over again, no matter how many people eloquently point out your talking nonsense, it will become accepted fact.


    Or no matter how many times WBT gave a view he kept getting bombarded with insults and childish comments
    and the same reply's trying to convince him that their opinion is better.

    WBT expressed an opinion and because it those not fit in with the boys club that post on this sight he gets sh7t

    No, he got shi1t because his opinion was constantly shown to be wrong...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Just WHAT do you have to do to get banned from the Asylum? Genuinely intrigued.

    Perma bans are nigh impossible for the sceptics and nigh impossible to avoid for non-sceptics
    daft enough to engage in a battle of logic with the inmates.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 16,668
    The Hog got an involuntary week's holiday, so the Clinic is on down time.
    Plus, Porte only finishing 4th didn't help.
    No action there means no action anywhere.
    The Likely Lads are still here, but probably taking the opportunity to re-write
    their manifesto.

    Maybe a thread along the lines of: "Is Kimmage on the Garmin Bandwagon?" might grab
    their attention.

    Just WHAT do you have to do to get banned from the Asylum? Genuinely intrigued.


    Suggest that it's impossible to win the Tour without doping - and therefore Lemond must have doped.
    Believe that a farther shore
    Is reachable from here.
    Believe in miracles
    And cures and healing wells
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 57,293 Lives Here
    Just take a reasonable position and you'll be accused of trolling...
  • Yellow PerilYellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    rayjay wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Don't know where he's gone but his legacy seems to have been to convince a poster with similar views that if you say the same thing over and over again, no matter how many people eloquently point out your talking nonsense, it will become accepted fact.


    Or no matter how many times WBT gave a view he kept getting bombarded with insults and childish comments
    and the same reply's trying to convince him that their opinion is better.

    WBT expressed an opinion and because it those not fit in with the boys club that post on this sight he gets sh7t

    No his opinion was not an issue. It was the incorrect facts he spouted and chose to ignore when he was pulled up on them that was the issue. Hopefully he is happy posting elsewhere, I wish him well for the future at wherever that elsewhere may be.
    @JaunePeril

    Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • PBoPBo Posts: 2,493
    rayjay wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Don't know where he's gone but his legacy seems to have been to convince a poster with similar views that if you say the same thing over and over again, no matter how many people eloquently point out your talking nonsense, it will become accepted fact.


    Or no matter how many times WBT gave a view he kept getting bombarded with insults and childish comments
    and the same reply's trying to convince him that their opinion is better.

    WBT expressed an opinion and because it those not fit in with the boys club that post on this sight he gets sh7t

    I think YOU fit the above description....
  • thomthomthomthom Posts: 3,574
    Shame this guy gets a thread while good posters that are gone aren't.

    This is just yet another thread fuelling things up..
  • rayjayrayjay Posts: 1,384
    PBo wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Don't know where he's gone but his legacy seems to have been to convince a poster with similar views that if you say the same thing over and over again, no matter how many people eloquently point out your talking nonsense, it will become accepted fact.


    Or no matter how many times WBT gave a view he kept getting bombarded with insults and childish comments
    and the same reply's trying to convince him that their opinion is better.

    WBT expressed an opinion and because it those not fit in with the boys club that post on this sight he gets sh7t

    I think YOU fit the above description....

    No, what you don't like is my opinion. Nearly every time you respond to one of my posts you make a childish remark.
    Show me where I have not been factual? I just state my view, my opinion just like you do. if you can't respond like a civilised person then jog on.
  • rayjayrayjay Posts: 1,384
    ddraver wrote:
    rayjay wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Don't know where he's gone but his legacy seems to have been to convince a poster with similar views that if you say the same thing over and over again, no matter how many people eloquently point out your talking nonsense, it will become accepted fact.


    Or no matter how many times WBT gave a view he kept getting bombarded with insults and childish comments
    and the same reply's trying to convince him that their opinion is better.

    WBT expressed an opinion and because it those not fit in with the boys club that post on this sight he gets sh7t

    No, he got shi1t because his opinion was constantly shown to be wrong...


    But he should not be getting Sh%%. Disagree, state your opinion. But some of the comments that were aimed his way went to far IMO. IMO there are a group of posters who have a set mind about most issues. There is never any give or hardly any acknowledgment on any on else's view. I have apologised a few times on this sight and if I am wrong I am happy to admit it. You may well get fed up with the same opinion or the same doping issues that come up and all of us are guilty of repeating ourselves. I can see how WBT would annoy some just like my views do as well.. But if he does not have a link or proof to something he has stated then just move on, take the victory , we can all see it.
    It's no good posting post after post asking for the same proof if he has not got it.
    Blazing posted that I said Armstrong never doped and I only admitted he doped when he got caught :lol: , which is something I have never said , most know my views about doping. I have asked Blazing for an apology for making false accusations and also the insulting nature of the post. He will not apologise even though he was totally wrong. This is the sort of blind ignorance and immature behaviour that we could well do without. I will defend myself against insults and some time insults will fly back . We all do it. But IMO it got a bit out of hand with WBT.
  • RichN95.RichN95. Posts: 25,479
    rayjay wrote:
    But he should not be getting Sh%%. Disagree, state your opinion. But some of the comments that were aimed his way went to far IMO. IMO there are a group of posters who have a set mind about most issues. There is never any give or hardly any acknowledgment on any on else's view. I have apologised a few times on this sight and if I am wrong I am happy to admit it. You may well get fed up with the same opinion or the same doping issues that come up and all of us are guilty of repeating ourselves. I can see how WBT would annoy some just like my views do as well.. But if he does not have a link or proof to something he has stated then just move on, take the victory , we can all see it.
    But he's not just some bloke who has differing opinions. He's someone, who for the last ten years, has jumped around most of the cycling forums winding people up and trying to wreck those forums. He's banned from most of them. He's not an unknown name.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rayjayrayjay Posts: 1,384
    Rich if he his that and he does not believe in what he his saying then he obviously is lacking some grey matter.

    I only know of him from this sight.

    If he his some sort of terror poster then I apologise for defending him if he has been out of line on other sights that you know of. I can only judge from what I have seen on this sight.

    cheers
  • MacaloonMacaloon Posts: 5,545
    The exquisite irony of "Captain Anagram" misspelling the Thread clue :mrgreen:
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
Sign In or Register to comment.