Mavic Cosmic Elite, Ksyrium Elite

2»

Comments

• Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    The Zonda and Fulcrum 3 are similar weight and similar price to the Kysirium Elites and all three are good wheels.

But the tests above miss one hugely important aspect and that is wheel stiffness. It is for their stiffness that people buy Elites and you feel the difference the first time you get out of the saddle on a hill. They are as stiff as a farmhouse kitchen table and all of your effort is converted into forward motion, rather than some going to flexing the wheels.

If you wanted anything other than a great climbing wheel, you would have a deep section aero wheel and it certainly wouldn't be a bendy climbing wheel that gave excellent levels of comfort.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Plus the Elites come with tyres. Bonus.
  • Oh and for £300 delivered its a no brainer...
  • Plus the Elites come with tyres. Bonus.

I'll probably end up selling my Yksion tyres. I like my GP4000s too much :D
  • just reading about your mavic cosmic elite debate, i currently have these on my bike, had them for about 3 years now. ive found them to be a good bullit proof wheelset, had no faults with them and got them off ebay for £245 inc tyres & cassette. i also would like to upgrade to a lighter wheelset. i currently run the mavics with michelin pro 4 s ,at 125psi, im looking at some dura ace c24s, but as i would like to run them at 125psi or higher should i be looking at tubular c24s ?
  • Anyone ordered these lately from the german site.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    jonny ktm wrote:
    but as i would like to run them at 125psi or higher should i be looking at tubular c24s ?

Why?
    left the forum March 2023
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    harrijames wrote:
    Took the plunge on a set of the Ksyriums, hoping they will turn up by the end of the week. Found 4thebike.de's Friederike very helpful!
    I did the same and they arrived yesterday. Couldn't be happier.

Could you tell me what size tyres come with these, 23mm or 25mm?
  • 23mm but this thread is more than a year old so the deal is long gone...
  • Elfed
    23mm but this thread is more than a year old so the deal is long gone...

The deal's still on, checked the other day.
  • solboy10 wrote:
    Do a search and all will be revealed (by about a million oth

There's always an old geezer who just stays alive to post this..perhaps 1023 times. Why not just search every time and never start a new thread ever again? If you've read this all before maybe it is a sign to move on. If he wanted to search it he would. He might even be more tech savy than an old guy..lol
  • Elfed
    redcolnago wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:

There's always an old geezer who just stays alive to post this..perhaps 1023 times. Why not just search every time and never start a new thread ever again? If you've read this all before maybe it is a sign to move on. If he wanted to search it he would. He might even be more tech savy than an old guy..lol

Hope it was a good night...
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    redcolnago wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:

Why not check the dates on threads too?
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    NapoleonD wrote:
    redcolnago wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:

Why not check the dates on threads too?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!