Carbon - not commuter friendly?

2»

Comments

• Did she give you her mobile number or email? If so I'd write something to her. Tell her how disgusted you are with her fabricated 'weaving' story. Ask her to explain herself. See if you can shame her.
    How old was she? I don't want to go off on one about 'this generation' but seriously, doesn't anyone hold their hand up and admit 'my fault' these days??
  • Wow, that was record quick, nicely done!
  • Juddlinski wrote:
    Did she give you her mobile number or email? If so I'd write something to her. Tell her how disgusted you are with her fabricated 'weaving' story. Ask her to explain herself. See if you can shame her.
    How old was she? I don't want to go off on one about 'this generation' but seriously, doesn't anyone hold their hand up and admit 'my fault' these days??

Not admitting fault is pretty generation neutral. As one of 'this generation' the only difference I've seen is that older drivers tend to try and claim that they've been driving for 20 years so obviously know more about driving than me and couldn't possibly be in the wrong.
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    Juddlinski wrote:
    Did she give you her mobile number or email? If so I'd write something to her. Tell her how disgusted you are with her fabricated 'weaving' story. Ask her to explain herself. See if you can shame her.

I'd say that was a pretty terrible idea. Not only will it achieve absolutely nothing, it will open you up to accusations of abuse and harassment. It's resolved as best it will be, let it go.
  • jomoj wrote:
    Juddlinski wrote:

I'd say that was a pretty terrible idea. Not only will it achieve absolutely nothing, it will open you up to accusations of abuse and harassment. It's resolved as best it will be, let it go.

I didn't say it wasn't a terrible idea. Just that I'd do it, that's all.

:mrgreen:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My experience is that insurers have learnt their lesson, dragging claims out and paying solicitors twice the value of the claim once they lose makes less business sense than being open and cooperative and settling reasonably generously straight away. Well done, and hope you can get out on your new ride soon, I'll watch out for all your useable old components going on ebay now!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    My experience is that insurers have learnt their lesson, dragging claims out and paying solicitors twice the value of the claim once they lose makes less business sense than being open and cooperative and settling reasonably generously straight away. Well done, and hope you can get out on your new ride soon, I'll watch out for all your useable old components going on ebay now!

That was very much the impression I got when Direct Line offered me £1,000. That I could take that right now, if I wanted more I could go through solicitors etc, needless to say I took the offer.