favorite DH rider of all time?

7448stewart
7448stewart Posts: 79
edited January 2014 in MTB general
Simples! Who's is your favorite DH rider of all time and why?

Go!!!!!

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    none - the woman are too ugly to fantasise about and couldn't care less about the men :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    POAH wrote:
    none - the woman are too ugly to fantasise about
    Not even Rachel?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • CG of course!

The fact you even think this is up for debate quite frankly, sickens me!
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Steve Peat for me, CG is an awesome character and for a few years was a force in DH but as a racer Peaty has to be the gold standard of fun, professional and longevity. Seems like a nice guy too.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    John Tomac. Legend.
    I have ridden with an ex Animal Orange World Cup rider and have never seen anyone ride as smooth or as fast. WC riders are on a different level to amateur racers.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Shaun Palmer, Peaty, Rob Warner and CG.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not even Rachel?

I'll admit that Rachel is a very handsome man.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Northwind wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Not even Rachel?

I'll admit that Rachel is a very handsome man.
    Not sure if the head butting a truck helped though. :lol:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    WindyG wrote:
    Any of the women, I'm not picky.

clearly :lol:
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    Peaty, was my hero when I was growing up and he's still at the top level of the sport 15 years later
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • I think rat boy is going to be a big thing very soon and he's just a crazy guy, love watcjin him on this is peaty!
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Nico Vouilloz
    for me he was great,didn't seem to have a weak point in his riding,shame he left the sport far to early
  • mali01
    mali01 Posts: 81
    Ratboy will be the personality to watch.
  • AAddict
    AAddict Posts: 77
    Steve Peat, straight up legend.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Bryceland is a great rider to watch but it's excrutiating when he tries to talk. I mean, most downhillers talk utter brain-hurting drivel anyway, but he does it in the worst accent in the world.

I like Marc Beaumont, he might not be the greatest of riders or the most fascinating of personalities but he seems to have a better than normal idea of how ridiculous the whole thing is.

Excellent, I got through that post without admitting my Dan Atherton mancrush. Aaaaaaaaaah ****.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    Back in the day Top 4
    John Tomac
    Steve Peat
    Cedric Gracia
    Nicolas Vouilloz

Rob Warner = total knob

Current
    Danny Hart
    Sam Blekinsop
    Josh Bryceland
    Steve Smith

until not long ago Gee Atherton would have been my first but he needs to take him self less seriously....
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    CG of course!

+ potato
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I don't really find racing that interesting, so I just chose my favourite characters :)

Can't believe I'm the only one to mention Palmer though!
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    welshkev wrote:
    CG of course!

+ potato

That.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • rockmonkeysc
    No mention of Sam Hill is surprising.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Ratboy has crazy style, Blenki can be a winner if he can remain consistant and Stevie Smith could go on to the best of all time I reckon, he's just getting better and better and already knows how to keep cool under pressure.
  • No mention of Missy Giove either for being a decidedly odd, fast racing, hard partying, drug muling nutter.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Can't have a single favourite..
    But my favourite riders of all time
    CG
    Fabien Barel
    Peaty

Current riders
    Danny Hart.. So much style
    Adam Brayton
    Sam Hill (If he finds his 2008 form)

Also Remy Metailler deserves a mention
    Watch his Whistler edit.. Seriously so much style

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Whistler-R ... -2013.html
  • rockmonkeysc
    Danny Hart had one really amazing race and a couple very good races but seems to be struggling to get up to speed. Some of it might be the slightly old Glory (unchanged since 2010) isn't up to the job.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Danny Hart had one really amazing race and a couple very good races but seems to be struggling to get up to speed. Some of it might be the slightly old Glory (unchanged since 2010) isn't up to the job.

Agreed. I'd love to see him at his best and winning more races
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868

I think he just had one of those days in Champery, that one run you have in a lifetime where absolutely everything goes right. I think since then the pressure has got to him a little bit, he's still only like 21, give him a few years and I think he'll get more consistent as Ratboy now seems to be doing, although again he's had a huge amount of pressure on him from day one and I think that's what really separates the good from the greats, that mental edge that really counts when the pressure is on.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Steve Peat. Obvious reasons really, went to same school, first DH rider I really saw.
  • lawman wrote:

I think he just had one of those days in Champery, that one run you have in a lifetime where absolutely everything goes right. I think since then the pressure has got to him a little bit, he's still only like 21, give him a few years and I think he'll get more consistent as Ratboy now seems to be doing, although again he's had a huge amount of pressure on him from day one and I think that's what really separates the good from the greats, that mental edge that really counts when the pressure is on.
    Ratboy has the batshit-mental bit down to a tee!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Giovanna Bonazzi, world champ in 1991 and 93. My favourite because she now makes really good ice cream and runs an ice cream shop near Verona.