Got a spare €400m ?

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited January 2014 in The cake stop
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/floating-in-st ... track-and-€400-million-price-tag-140941037.html#FR3ZSSp

Amazing.
Living MY dream.

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Nah!!! I d have a velodrome on mine.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    "Floating in style", really?

That's not my idea of style :wink:

For that kind of money that's the last thing I'd want but maybe that's just me!
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    arran77 wrote:
    "Floating in style", really?

That's not my idea of style :wink:

For that kind of money that's the last thing I'd want but maybe that's just me!

With that kind of money you would already have everything that you would ever want (that money can buy anyway)
    Living MY dream.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    This bit caught my eye.....

"The owners apartment, which spreads across three floors, is the most extravagant section of the ship. It connects to all decks via a private lift and comes complete with a private courtyard, sunroom, working fire place, and a private deck with a Jacuzzi/swimming pool."

A working fireplace!! WOW! :roll:

FFS, considering that the bloody thing will cost 400 million, has a helicopter pad, a go-kart track, and most of Monacos landmarks replicated on the deck, I hardly think that a working fireplace was beyond the wit of man or even worth a mention.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Deal maker for me ...
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    If fireplace is your thing then Jamaica inn is going up for sale with proper cornish ones. And a working parrot. And 398 million in change...
  • arran77
    Mikey23 wrote:
    If fireplace is your thing then Jamaica inn is going up for sale with proper cornish ones. And a working parrot. And 398 million in change...

That is far more appealing than some vulgar super yacht :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    €400 m and they can't come up with an original design, looks like it's been designed by a footballer and or wag
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • arran77
    €400 m and they can't come up with an original design, looks like it's been designed by a footballer and or wag

Money and taste are often not good bed fellows :wink:

seanoconn
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    arran77 wrote:

tell me about it, i'm poor with impeccible taste :wink:
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • arran77
    arran77 wrote:

tell me about it, i'm poor with impeccible taste :wink:

:lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Blimey, that's nearly as vulgar and tasteless as a personalised number plate.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VTech
    Stevo 666 wrote:

So self expression is vulgar now :?:
    Living MY dream.
  • Stevo_666
    VTech wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Why, do you have one? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Why, do you have one? :wink:

nothing wrong with a private plate, I love my **62 XAR - it really expresses my personality!
  • Capt Slog wrote:

Most rich people I know can't light a fire for toffee.

Almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter doesn't it?
  • tlw1
    Capt Slog wrote:

Most rich people I know can't light a fire for toffee.

Almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter doesn't it?

I can, I use £50 notes to get it going
  • VTech
    Doesn't Roman Abramovich have an €800,000,000 yacht? Pretty sure he does

He ownes Eclipse which now isn't at the top but he is having his new Yacht built which is €1,200,000.00 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Owning a Yacht would be an amazing thing, even for the people here who pretend that owning anything nice makes you the scum of the earth. Of course owning such a thing comes with massive costs but you rarely find poor people buying them in the first place.

Ohh, and yes I do have a few private plates, another decent investment if you get it right.
    Living MY dream.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    If you were really keen with the kart track you could replicate crashing into the sea like they did in the real Monaco GP.
    GrandPrix_intothewater.jpg
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    If you were really keen with the kart track you could replicate crashing into the sea like they did in the real Monaco GP.

fantastic pic
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    VTech wrote:

He ownes Eclipse which now isn't at the top but he is having his new Yacht built which is €1,200,000.00 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Owning a Yacht would be an amazing thing, even for the people here who pretend that owning anything nice makes you the scum of the earth. Of course owning such a thing comes with massive costs but you rarely find poor people buying them in the first place.

Ohh, and yes I do have a few private plates, another decent investment if you get it right.
    yawn
  • VTech
    nathancom wrote:
    VTech wrote:

yawn

A very valid (if pointless) comment.
    The world needs leaders and followers and you have the right, as anyone else does in life to follow and do the menial work (like me and the majority) whilst people like these have wealth beyond comprehension.
    I chose not to be negative towards them as they have almost all worked their socks off to get to where they are and as long as it's legal why should we chose what they have the right to buy ? Think of the 200+ people employed for 3 years building these things.
    I wouldn't buy this but if I have 20billion in the bank I would deck stelph have a yacht. Let's face it, you could never do a Thomson all inclusive for a fortnight a year !
    Living MY dream.
  • Stevo_666
    VTech wrote:

No problems with owning stuff or making money - call me Tory Boy. And I'll defend you right to express yourself how you like - but personal plates on cars are still vulgar :)
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    VTech wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    VTech wrote:

yawn

A very valid (if pointless) comment.
    The world needs leaders and followers and you have the right, as anyone else does in life to follow and do the menial work (like me and the majority) whilst people like these have wealth beyond comprehension.
    I chose not to be negative towards them as they have almost all worked their socks off to get to where they are and as long as it's legal why should we chose what they have the right to buy ? Think of the 200+ people employed for 3 years building these things.
    I wouldn't buy this but if I have 20billion in the bank I would deck stelph have a yacht. Let's face it, you could never do a Thomson all inclusive for a fortnight a year !
    Why should I care any more about a rich person than a poor person? They are not somehow better people -- or leaders as you call them. They have simply arrived at a position to requisition more stuff through a variety of events: the lottery of birth, hard work, crime, fortune or marriage. It is no more to their credit that they are rich than it is their fault, it is just their particular existence.

Your slavish devotion to the baubles of wealth strikes me as much more sheepish behaviour that those who don't really care about $400million yachts.

I honestly think you should watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrOL-ydFMI. Worshipping material goods as an end in themselves, not just as a means to gain a fuller enjoyment of life with those around you, will only lead to disappointment when every must-have-object loses its savour and another unaffordable yearning takes its place to drive you ever so slightly mad.

What of the boredom of following this kind of life when you really can afford anything and there is nothing else to buy and you realise that with all that wealth and conferred power you are still human and no different to the rest of us.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    05c03809-fd83-429b-ba8d-0dbaf163eace_CATERS_STREETS_OF_MONACO_YACHT_02.jpg

Are you sure this hasn't just been copied from a satirical website without checking its credentials? It not only looks too ridiculous, it doesn't work as a concept - why make it as a ship when you could build it as a leisure complex in Las Vegas for less?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    nathancom wrote:
    Worshipping material goods as an end in themselves, not just as a means to gain a fuller enjoyment of life with those around you, will only lead to disappointment when every must-have-object loses its savour and another unaffordable yearning takes its place to drive you ever so slightly mad.

What of the boredom of following this kind of life when you really can afford anything and there is nothing else to buy and you realise that with all that wealth and conferred power you are still human and no different to the rest of us.

"People who worship material goods" are to be admired for the considerable feat of looking in the mirror day after day without ever seeing a sack of cr@p with overpriced accessories
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Veronese68 wrote:

Though that is not the real Monaco GP! :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    No matter how much wealth the super rich accumalate, they still cannot buy class.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Rolf F wrote:
    No, but it's a great image. A couple of drivers have landed in the drink though. I seem to recall a picture of a wheel floating in the harbour that came off a car, but can't remember if it's from the film or real life.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    No, but it's a great image. A couple of drivers have landed in the drink though. I seem to recall a picture of a wheel floating in the harbour that came off a car, but can't remember if it's from the film or real life.

Indeed - a great image from a great and under-rated film.
    Faster than a tent.......