What Problems Do You Need Fixing

2»

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I must admit, I didn't think CD was the main problem here, I think that was in the first post.

3 posts and this already - epic
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    edited January 2014
    cooldad wrote:

You are everyone? Congratulations.

No, I'm not everyone. But I'm not the first.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    So you're not Adam.
  • Angus Young
    So you're not Adam.

I'm old, but not quite that old!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:

You are everyone? Congratulations.

No, I'm not everyone. But I'm not the first.
    Nor the last. You think this is easy?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Let me guess. Student looking to do some random project. Asks dumb question without putting any thought into it.

Only problem I see is failure.

And an obsession with chainslap.
    ...I mean like chain slap, protecting shifters in crashes, taking up chain slack, or stopping chain slap...
    Cool dad why do you make such sweeping judgements about other people because I have an idea about where you can stick those judgments but that is beside the point. Neither of your assumptions are correct, I am merely interested in what problems other people have with bikes as I find it interesting, next time try not being so negative maybe ?
  • cooldad
    If you'd been around a while you would understand my sweeping assumptions, as the Rookie did.

But if you read some threads you will find enough random problems to keep you happy for years.
    Personally I don't have any problems with my bikes.

Different story for the rider.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • brucie45
    brucie45 Posts: 279
    Hey All I have a question,
    Does anyone have any bike related problems that could be fixed, I mean like chain slap, protecting shifters in crashes, taking up chain slack, or stopping chain slap, any responses with problems like that would be amazingly helpful, so thank you so much.

Next time it may be worth searching the forum for any bike related problems you would be interested in. Your post doesn't really make sense and is not really asking a specific question.

If you do have a specific problem you need help with then there's plenty of people on the forum to help, the likes of cooldad, rookie etc. They have helped me out most of the time.

I don't know what answer you were expecting really. Ask a silly question and all that......
    Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
  • Angus Young
    Seemed like a perfectly reasonable question to me and no sillier than a lot that get asked, and answered, around here.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Why don't you have a go at answering it then Angus.
  • cooldad
    So where is your perfectly reasonable answer to the op?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    Even my fingers are old and slow.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • brucie45
    brucie45 Posts: 279
    Seemed like a perfectly reasonable question to me and no sillier than a lot that get asked, and answered, around here.

Maybe you have got a perfectly reasonable answer for the OP then?

My answer would be - No, I do not have any bike related problems that can be fixed.
    Not very interesting answer really. Pointless answer to a pointless question as many have given above. I did try to give some advice in my post above.
    Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
  • Angus Young
    Wow, three in a row. Your keyboards must have been on fire as you leapt at that one.

No, I don't have a reasonable answer, but that doesn't make it an invalid question, nor do I feel the need to be a smartarse in place of an answer. And if I don't have an answer it's simply a reflection of my inexperience. Ask me the same question two years from now and I'll probably be able to think of quite a few things that might need 'fixing'.
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    OP. Its very surprising how much you can learn from just reading threads. The tech section specifically. I find fixing bikes interesting aswell and i enjoy doing it. When i first joined this forum i used to ask the most stupid tech questions ever. I remeber one of my first posts was "how do you remove these chainrings?" Anf they were riveted cranks. My bike was an absolute shambles aswell. See the start of my Arrowhead link in my sig. There was so much i didnt know about, all these different components and setups and so on. Now i can build bikes and repair them with absolutely no troubles. Just read all of the tech threads. It helps loads.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Those inflatable trees definitely get my vote.
  • morepower
    morepower Posts: 140
    I wrecked a rear mech on my old bike and after seeing the carbon protector on my mates Snapierre Zesty (I think) I made one for mine as I wanted to just add a little more protection but not add much weight... So here is 12 grams of carbon which is strong enough to let me pick up my bike with yet flex enough to not damage the frame if hit and deflect most of what could rip off the rear mech...

d0iq.jpg
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I need an off road route to work so I can bin the fecking road bike.
  • Flats or SPD still needs solving.
  • morepower wrote:
    I wrecked a rear mech on my old bike and after seeing the carbon protector on my mates Snapierre Zesty (I think) I made one for mine as I wanted to just add a little more protection but not add much weight... So here is 12 grams of carbon which is strong enough to let me pick up my bike with yet flex enough to not damage the frame if hit and deflect most of what could rip off the rear mech...

d0iq.jpg

Made or bought? Get an application in to dragons den!
    - 2013 Cube LTD, SL 29, grey / black.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i like the inflatable trees too :)

but can you also invent a bike that washes itself please?
  • cooldad
    welshkev wrote:
    i like the inflatable trees too :)

but can you also invent a bike that washes itself please?
    That's what wive/girlfriends were invented for, surely?

Or in my case exes.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • miceden
    miceden Posts: 225
    No no, wives/girlfriends hate cleaning bikes... it messes up their office (kitchen).
  • cooldad
    miceden wrote:
    No no, wives/girlfriends hate cleaning bikes... it messes up their office (kitchen).
    Which gives them something to clean after the bike. Keep them busy. It's called win/win.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools