Canyon cf slx di2 2013 or cf sl 9.0 aero 2014

2»

Comments

• ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    rgasuk wrote:
    intresting , think ive made my mind up and be putting my order in at the weekend. going to go for the cf sl 9.0 aero , i already have a set of kysruim elites, so can swap them out when needed . i like the the colour better than that sram fore 22 option, well today anyway lol :lol::lol:
    So you're going for the Silver/Cyan?
    Best of luck, hope you enjoy it.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    I was in the same place, ended up getting Ultimate CF SL 9.0 (SL) with the VCLS Post 2.0. Weight difference between this and the SLX is marginal and saved a bit of money in the process. Roll on April delivery :-) Bike is more than enough for sportives and KOMs. Most bikes around 1k would do for this but then again buy what you can afford :twisted: :twisted:

I discounted the ultimate cf sl 9.0 aero based on the poor reviews of the wheel set.

I amended my order to get the VCLS Post 2.0 on my CF SL 9.0. Almost went for the (SL) but wasnt sure about SRAM vs Ultegra. Wheel weight wise I'd be better off but I thought the price increase didnt warrant it. Roll on April!
  • ai_1
    ai_1 Posts: 3,060
    I amended my order to get the VCLS Post 2.0 on my CF SL 9.0. Almost went for the (SL) but wasnt sure about SRAM vs Ultegra. Wheel weight wise I'd be better off but I thought the price increase didnt warrant it. Roll on April!
    I was considering SRAM myself so I got a test ride on a SRAM Force equipped bike. I quite liked the gear shifting but wasn't too keen on the shape off the hoods. It didn't seem to suit my hands or the way I'm used to holding the hoods. Maybe I'd get used to it but I've been happy enough with Shimano Tiagra & Ultegra hoods so why take the risk of switching for no real benefit.
  • rgasuk
    rgasuk Posts: 89
    So you're going for the Silver/Cyan?
    Best of luck, hope you enjoy it

yeah thats my fav colour atm, ive heard good reports about the wheels, so im happy with that and i like how they look, and the bike looks good in kyrsium elites aswell so i can keep the deep rims for nicer days 8) 8) 8) 8)
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
    Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance
  • rgasuk
    after been lucky enough to test a friends today, and what a ride it is, bike feels half the weight of my madone and such a joy to climb on , my order is in and im about 2 weeks away from being a pround Canyon owner .
    in the end i went for cf sl 9.0 aero ( already got kysruim wheels) black/grey after seeing it in the flesh its so nice looking, pics on there website really dont do them justice .

Anyway thanks for alls input and ill put some pics up when it arrives .

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
    Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance
  • I went through a similar dilemma to you a couple of months ago. I was all set on the cf slx 8.0, but the 7.0 mechanical just seemed better value. I faffed around for three days while both bikes were in stock, when I finally placed my order I had a two month wait, I was gutted. Over the moon when it was delivered two days before Christmas. The bikes great, any dry day and I can't wait to get out on it.
  • ^ Is that the one with Mavic SLR's? Thats probably the best 'bang for buck'
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • It is. Better wheels plus the new improved ultegra 6800 and £400 saved, should have been a no brainer really.
  • rgasuk
    I went through a similar dilemma to you a couple of months ago. I was all set on the cf slx 8.0, but the 7.0 mechanical just seemed better value. I faffed around for three days while both bikes were in stock, when I finally placed my order I had a two month wait, I was gutted. Over the moon when it was delivered two days before Christmas. The bikes great, any dry day and I can't wait to get out on it.

how do you find the slx ?, my sl is ordered but just had an email saying it will now be 12 week wait from going from " in stock ", and i require the bike in a few weeks . im set on a canyon but dont want to wait, so myb back to 2013 slx di2 now.. :evil:
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
  • Bad luck mate on you order, pleased you enjoyed the ride on mine even though most of it was uphill into a freezing cold head wind :-)

What about one off these

https://www.canyon.com/_en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3295

In stock in a double and 27/01 in a compact

The Aero CF SL 9.0 is still showing stock in a double as well?