Flasher???What would you do?

2»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,153
    Just spread a rumour locally that there's a peado living in that house. The problem will go away in no time (but you may have to look at a graffiti covered or burnt out house instead).
  • Imagine if his front window looked out onto a high street. Do you think he would be able to sit there starkers in full view of passers by? No, he does not have a right to do whatever he wants just because he’s in his own property.

Whatever your moral position, this is not normal behaviour, simple as that. A polite request in person to start with and if that fails, repeat your original question in the local newspaper letters section. Highlight the letter and stick it through his letterbox just to make sure that he sees it.

Let public opinion do its work.
    I may be a minority of one but that doesn't prevent me from being right.
    http://www.dalynchi.com
  • wormo
    wormo Posts: 30
    Perfectly normal behaviour. If guy wishes wishes to be naked in his house, so be it. Who are we to force our prejudices on other people. As long as not do anything untoward, playing with himslef etc. Nothing to do with anyone else. If kids brought up with attitude of nudity being a natural thing and not always sexual, wouldnt have as many body issue problems in this country.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    edited January 2014
    No it's not normal behaviour in this country. I would be surprised if it is legal too. My assumption would be that he is probably some kind of sexual deviant doing it for kicks.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Does he have a fried breakfast? Could be painful
  • MartinGT
    MartinGT Posts: 475
    crom7 wrote:
    Flasher wrote:
    Sorry :lol:

Bloody hell Flasher, if I'd known you were on BR there wouldn't have been a problem! Your forgiven.

Thanks all (well almost all), a good mix of serious advice and good humor. Will see how things go and if the perv continues to share his knob with us I'll probably have a word...if this fails I'll check to see if he burns with a blue flame. :wink:

I think thats a big strong, its not like he is chucking a mix out for all to see.

Like some others have said, just maybe mention it quietly. The bloke is in his own house and probably totally unaware of whats on view. He maybe totally embarrassed if you mentioned it to him.

Dont take your kids through Berlin park on a lunch either, bits on show for all to see in the summer.
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    If the bloke is doing it to get jollies from showing kids, or anyone, his bits then he is a pervert.
    If he just walks around his own house in the buff and your kids just happen to notice then so what?
    Having said that it sounds to me like he is parading himself on purpose if you say he appears to be lingering by the window. If it were me and I believed my neighbour was deliberately exposing himself I would tell him to pack it in.
    Those saying it is British prudishness are talking nonsense. I have no issues with my children seeing nudity but an adult deliberately exposing himself to children for kicks is a whole lot more sinister.
    Of course he may be innocent which is why I would tell him to pack it in rather than rustle up a good old fashioned lynch mob.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    See you all on Monady, i'm off to Berlin.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • merkin wrote:
    Of course he may be innocent which is why I would tell him to pack it in rather than rustle up a good old fashioned lynch mob.

If he's innocent, why should he pack it in....?
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    Just because I may believe his intentions to be dubious doesn't mean I am definitely correct. By having a one to one chat hopefully he will be more discreet. No harm done. This isn't about proving things beyond reasonable doubt as frankly that would be impossible unless his behaviour were to escalate. Then all involved would be in a worse off situation.
    Besides, if he is innocent, surely he would rather be more discreet when he realises he may be offending the neighbours. Wouldn't you? No one is saying he can't walk around his own home in the buff, just don't flaunt it in front of a window overlooking the street. Most of us don't need this spelling out to us which is why I would be wary of his intent.