Flasher???What would you do?

crom7
crom7 Posts: 83
edited January 2014 in The cake stop
Curious to see how my fellow BR users would deal with this situation:

Have been living in a pleasant close for 5 years now - new guy (mid to late 50s) moves into house opposite - have noticed that every morning he makes and takes breakfast stark bollock naked, today he spent more than 2 hours flaunting his saggy arse and knob around his kitchen window.

My kids are 4 and 7 and haven't noticed yet but it's only a matter of time...what would you do?

Comments

• Close your curtains.
  • Take a photo and put it in his letter box.
  • crom7
    Close your curtains.

Only a short term solution really.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Does he have any sort of window dressing like curtains or blinds he can close? Whilst nudity in a private residence isn't against the law, the fact he can be seen from outside can cause offence. Have a word with him mentioning the children might be able to see his lack of clothing, if it continues have another chat with him but keep a note of dates and times of these talks cause if it continues you might have to take it to the police and raise the fact of the children in your house.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Personally I'd just chill! It's just an arse and some bits...

But if it is still upsetting you just go over and introduce yourself, chat for a few minutes and then just mention that on these dark winter mornings the interior of his kitchen is very well illuminated from your house and wait for the penny to drop.

or...

if passive aggressive is more your cup of tea

Position a flashing rear light in your window pointing his direction. Leave it on for the duration of the 'show'!
  • buckles
    buckles Posts: 694
    nigeldoyle wrote:
    Take a photo and put it in his letter box.
    This...
    25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y
  • crom7
    He does have blinds, but doesn't use them at all.

Don't have a problem with people being naked in their own homes at all - this guy seems to spend an abnormally large proportion of his time in front of his window though (which faces our kids bedroom)
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Mention to him that you're concerned that he's doing it because he knows where the kids bedroom is, and that if he doesn't stop, you'll report him to relevant authorities.

That should put the fear of god up him !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I'd just be straight up, firm but polite and say you don't want your kids seeing him naked and would he please cover up when he is viewable, if he refuses or doesn't then firm warning letter through his letter box and then if still no action then the police.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    If he burns with a blue flame - he's a pedophile and you were justified - if its a green flame he was a witch and if its a blue and orange flame you have burned an innocent man. May be write him a letter...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Velonutter wrote:
    I'd just be straight up, firm but polite and say you don't want your kids seeing him naked and would he please cover up when he is viewable, if he refuses or doesn't then firm warning letter through his letter box and then if still no action then the police.
    This. Or tell the local press that Gary Glitter has had plastic surgery and moved into that house. Hey presto, lynch mob round his house :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    I'd just be pi$$ed off that it wasn't a fit young female flasher :wink: Unlucky
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Get some gaffer tape and next time you see him go out, tape over the bit of the kitchen window that shows his knackers, and leave a little note saying that your kids have complained about him.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    crom7 wrote:

Have been living in a pleasant close for 5 years now - new guy (mid to late 50s) moves into house opposite - have noticed that every morning he makes and takes breakfast stark bollock naked, today he spent more than 2 hours flaunting his saggy ars* and knob around his kitchen window.

My kids are 4 and 7 and haven't noticed yet but it's only a matter of time...what would you do?

I would go to the Police, say you want it dealt with anonymously, neighbour disputes can easily escalate but the chances are he has no idea you can see in or that you are spying on him every morning for 2hrs :lol:
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Go ring his doorbell and shout 'you dirty pervert' through his letterbox... then run off...

Everytime you see him give him marks out of 10...
    Never more than 5 unless you want him to continue...
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    A female colleague returned to the office all of a fluster, having been 'properly' dirty raincoat flashed.
    When asked 'what did you do', she replied:-

"I just stood there with my mouth open". :lol:
  • Velonutter wrote:
    and then if still no action then the police.

Yes, the Police will sort it. He'll be arrested for the crime of nudity.

Just like all those scallywags on the nudist beach. Criminals the lot of them.

:roll:
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    Sorry :lol:
  • crom7
    Flasher wrote:
    Sorry :lol:

Bloody hell Flasher, if I'd known you were on BR there wouldn't have been a problem! Your forgiven.

Thanks all (well almost all), a good mix of serious advice and good humor. Will see how things go and if the perv continues to share his knob with us I'll probably have a word...if this fails I'll check to see if he burns with a blue flame. :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    crom7 wrote:

Have been living in a pleasant close for 5 years now - new guy (mid to late 50s) moves into house opposite - have noticed that every morning he makes and takes breakfast stark bollock naked, today he spent more than 2 hours flaunting his saggy ars* and knob around his kitchen window.

Go live in Sweden for a while and partake in mixed saunas, then you'll get over your prudish Britishness (no offence). Who gives a damn?
    When collecting his child at the end of the day, a local nursery nurse informed my Yorkshire mate that his daughter had a problem with her 'pee pee'. "Her what?" he asked, "You know, her little flower...erm...her front bum?" "You mean her Vagina?" to which she protested and said that he couldn't say that?!?
    Personally, I would find it very funny and if it upsets the kids, why? If your kids stood at the window pointing and laughing, I doubt he would do it for much longer.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • crom7 wrote:
    Thanks all (well almost all),

I hope you don't mean me.... :roll:

As I wont be pleased if this mans c@ck is going to come between us.... :shock:
  • crom7 wrote:

"There you are kids, make sure you get plenty of exercise, or you'll end up looking like that."

Seriously, so the kids see a bloke in the altogether in his own house, that's going to harm them how?
    Is the gorilla tired yet?
  • crom7
    "There you are kids, make sure you get plenty of exercise, or you'll end up looking like that."

Seriously, so the kids see a bloke in the altogether in his own house, that's going to harm them how?

My kids are pretty level headed and I'm sure it wouldn't harm them at all - if they did notice I probably would deal with it in a similar way to your suggestion rather than making a big deal of it.

Don't have a problem with nudity whatsoever and think that people should be able to do what ever they want in their own homes. I do feel that, in this case, the guy is obviously aware of the fact he can be seen by children - and this is where I think it becomes unacceptable. Not sure if this is British prudishness or not...my Mrs Crom7 is Portuguese and she thinks he's a perverted old bastard too.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Go live in Sweden for a while and partake in mixed saunas, then you'll get over your prudish Britishness (no offence). Who gives a damn?
    When collecting his child at the end of the day, a local nursery nurse informed my Yorkshire mate that his daughter had a problem with her 'pee pee'. "Her what?" he asked, "You know, her little flower...erm...her front bum?" "You mean her Vagina?" to which she protested and said that he couldn't say that?!?
    Personally, I would find it very funny and if it upsets the kids, why? If your kids stood at the window pointing and laughing, I doubt he would do it for much longer.

yes us brits are very prudish but I ve lived in Sweden and you choose to go to a mixed sauna, naked sunbathing around the parks of Stockholm did throw me for a while though :)
    most uk swimming pools will have uni sex changing facilities, so a 4 or 7 yo wont give a shoot.
    I think the point here is, whether this guy is doing this for his own weird sexually desires or not.
  • Or maybe you guys are trying to make it something bigger than it is implying that he knows kids are watching........
  • Or maybe you guys are trying to make it something bigger than it is implying that he knows kids are watching........

How do you know how big it is?

Doesn't exist until a photo is posted.... :twisted:
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Next time you see him with his todger out just stand in your window pointing and laughing :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • random man wrote:
    I'd just be pi$$ed off that it wasn't a fit young female flasher :wink: Unlucky
    Don't be daft, you would be a peeping Tom if that was the case.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Fight fire with fire, have you got a bigger c0ck?

Id write a letter addressed from a concerned neighbour, if nothing ask the police for advice.

I once got a caution when shagging my ugly ex gf, got cautioned for having an offensive person on my weapon. Sorry couldnt resist