Imperial Winter series 4 jan

2»

Comments

• okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    They are run at certain times because traffic count is within the limit. I've done loads of TT's mid afternoon on a Saturday on a London West course, its fine.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • maryka wrote:
    Horrendous crashes every year, multiple broken bones, races still on even when there's ice on the ground, provides an unneeded ego boost for the people who win it every week, remind me again why the winter series exists?
    Gross misrepresentation, unless you want to say the same thing about the Severn RR where someone got killed -- that race is still happening this year.

Never understood the need for people to sh!t on other people's racing/training choices. If you don't like the winter series, don't race it, simple as that.

Not really a misrepresentation, there are broken bones every single year, and they do still hold the races when there's ice on the ground.

Comparing it to the Severn Bridge is completely, totally irrelevant.

How am I 'sh!tting on other peoples racing/training choices'? There's a long long long long list of things I care about before caring about whether you want to go to Hillingdon, break your leg there whatever I just don't care. This is a discussion board, not a 'don't express that opinion, I don't agree with it' board. I don't think winter series racing should exist, you obviously do. Good, thanks.
    What do you think of Omloop Het Nieuwsblad and Kuurne-Bruxelles-Kuurne? Personally I like the cold weather for riding/racing in.