Which Colnago

2»

Comments

• meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    For what it's worth, if you're not looking to buy soon then the C60 will be launched imminently. First few available in Q2 with the main production scheduled for the Tour.
    Apparently still made in Italy, BB30 (or similar 'standard') bottom bracket.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Lovely looking Bike Rich, I can see that you are a lot more flexible than me, what length is your steerer?.

After my bike fit with Adrian, I took all my measurements of the fit and transposed them onto an image of the bike, I used a laser alignment tool to mark the points on a wall then put tape in place so that I could get the exact measurements as can be seen in the attached picture. This is now a perfect template and it makes it so much easier to set every bike up since (too many according to my wife)

Little trick with the M10 as mine is also MABB, use some Meguars polish on it and it helps keep it clean, in fact any muck just rinses off.
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    IMG_4105-M.jpg

I'm just a bit taller than Rich H at 5'11 but have long legs comared to my upper body, so, need the saddle higher.
    I have a 52s set up on a 110 stem and sitting slammed the conical headtube spacer. I'd say I'm quite flexible though even at my age :lol:
    The 52s is slightly smaller in the tob tube than the 56cm frames I've ridden in the past but I prefer to be over the bike. It's also worth noting that the C59 doesn't have as steep a seat tube angle as other bikes I've ridden and I feel more set over the cranks which I also prefer.
  • avababy24
    avababy24 Posts: 162
    Thanks again everyone and without actually sat on one yet I think I'd be going for a 52". Good point ref the C60 and it is something I am still contemplating but just have so little info on it atm ref spec and price ?
  • Ava,

Just for extra info...if you needed more!
    I am 5ft 10.5 , 31 leg and ride a 52s C 59disc and a 52s CX-1. 110mm stem 20 set back seat post on both. Just before i ordered my C59 i re-checked my fit and the suggestion was (due to upper/lower leg length ratio) was to go further back on the seat post than previous. Assuming you have regular legs (!) i would think putting you on a 50s would depend on how you like you overall position to be, forward or rearward biased.
    The 52s give me plenty of choice , if needed, between seat post , stem and bar choice to get the right fit. I guess it would do the same for you.
    With the acros head set, even 'slammed' the stem position is not low at all, in my perception. Finish is beautiful, ride is sublime! Aston martin like, perhaps smooth, fast and will go all day!
    I don't know where you are but i can reccomend Gorrilla cycles. give them a shout and ask for 'Linds'. he has built a few now.

Sniff
  • avababy24
    Cheers 'Sniff' I will look them up. I'm all over the country atm with my work but based North Yorks. Think 52 will be the way forward but again I can get to the shop I'm in communication with atm ref the purchase on my way home one Friday afternoon so a quick bike fit should clarify any problems ref size prior to ordering.
    Again big thanks to all those who have had a input friendly bunch you C59 boys.

Nige
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    Velonutter wrote:

I'm 5ft 10, not anywhere near as flexible as I would like to be as I have back troubles, I have a 31" inside leg and ride my bikes with a 110mm stem and the saddle at 72cm from the top to the centre of the BB

And here is my C59 Europcar

euroc59.jpg

I'm puzzled by this. If you have back troubles I would of thought you should be on a larger frame not crunched up on a smaller one ?
    You have short legs for your height if the 31" inseam is correct. Given the amount of seat post showing I expect your inseam is somewhat longer than 81.5 cm and given the saddle position you should be on a larger bike !
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Adamfo, I'm just a simple bike rider without any of the knowledge that Adrian Timmis has, all I can say is that when I now ride bikes nearly 2 years after the bike fit, I don't suffer any aches or pains and actually feel as though I am sitting in the bike rather than on it which is what Adrian wanted to happen.

The only pains I suffer are from trying to hang on to the other lads when they are giving it some!
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    avababy24 wrote:
    Curious has to how long something in a new colour scheme would take to turn up from the factory anyone have any experience of colnago delivery times ?
    I ordered my c59 ad10 off of mike late November and he said it should be with me jan or feb.
    I am in no rush as long as I have it by spring.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • avababy24
    Had a call yesterday from the retailer I've spoken to on a couple of occasions and he was waiting on the 'Wingwave' rep to visit his shop today so he could make enquiries about availability etc so hopefully I might hear something today.
  • avababy24
    Is £2000 far too cheap for an apparently new, 2013 C59 in Nero ? Alarm Bells are slowly starting to ring or is that about right ? Or go for the colour are really want which is the black/grey/flu orange from a retailer 2014 at £2699 . Is there any difference in construction method between the 2 years ?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    2013 should be Electric/Mechanical. No difference I am aware of. Depends if you'd like to pay and extra £700 for some fluro stripes. £2k is a good price for a boxed new one, especially if it has the seatpost included in that price. If £2699 for a 2014 doesn't include a seatpost I'd say shop around.