Giant Cyclotron Auto Trainer / Trek Road Bike.

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
I'm currently borrowing a friends Giant Cyclotron Auto Trainer for a few months, until winter has passed. The problem i've got, is that i've got a Trek bike and I was told to get a new quick release to fit my Trek.

With this question in mind, is there anyone out there who uses this turbo trainer and uses a Trek, that could recommend me the right quick release?

I have a 2014 Trek Madone 2.3.

Thank you

Comments

• dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    As far as I know the skewer is to fit the trainer, not really the bike. That how the Elite ones work anyway, and I've had my Elite skewer in a Minoura trainer. They're threaded long enough down their length to clamp most rear wheels, but its the bits that fit into the turbo that matter.

Your buddy should have the skewer at home, he would have got one with the turbo. Ask him for that. If he's lost his original (from his bike) and is using the one from the turbo to hold his wheel in, swap the one in your bike for the one that came with the turbo temporarily.
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    as above ^^^^^^^^
    some standard QR nuts are only small and won't grip the turbo enough,,,,you could find you give it some gas and the bike will slip out the turbo :shock: