Time for another refurb.......! (Parlee Z3 content)

2»

Comments

• neil.s
    neil.s Posts: 123
    AARRGGHH!!! bloody hell!!

Was looking forward to my half day today, thought I'd get my bike finished. But oh no, I managed to kink 2 gear cables (each side....... :shock: :oops: ) trying to get the cable to run through the cable guide in the shifter...........

Rollocks. So, a quick order into CRC for yet more gear cables. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow (but knowing my luck they won't) so that I can get it finally finished and manage a ride on this weekend.

Here's a couple of quick pics (again :oops: :oops: ) of it 'just about finished'.........!

Think I prefer the Cosmics, if anyone's after a pair of Kysrium SLR's they can have these for £625 (minus tyres/cassette etc)

Right, let the haterz of long seatposts start their flaming :lol:

v48mx1.jpg
    hv5d7t.jpg

66vxhv.jpg
    19nzwn.jpg

And here's a sort-of-close-up of the stem

2ugnl21.jpg
  • 'tis a handsome looking thing.........well done.
    ......don't you have a lbs you could nip to and pick up some cables given the 'emergency'? :roll:
  • Love this.

I like the ENVE bars too.
  • neil.s
    ......don't you have a lbs you could nip to and pick up some cables given the 'emergency'? :roll:

Sadly no. My local is 15 miles away. And they don't have any black inner cables. I can't put silver ones on when I've got black inner brake cables :|

Fear not, it'll be finished tomorrow, work permitting (on call).
  • Wow, that thing looks amazing! Good luck on getting it sorted so you can go for a ride. You must report back!
  • neil.s
    The cables didn't arrive yesterday as hoped, but they should be here this morning. Sadly I have to go into work as I'm on call. No idea what time I'll get home so have to write off getting it finished before tomorrow's ride (which is a shame as it's a proper ride tomorrow).

Looks like it'll be next weekend now, although I'm oncall all next weekend too :(

Hey-ho, it'll be worth the wait :twisted: