Garmin Edge 800 Performance Bundle only £209

deadhead1971
deadhead1971 Posts: 338
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Just spotted this, cheapest I've ever seen it.

http://bit.ly/1cUK9dR

209.99 for the Edge 800, plus the Heart rate and cadence monitor.
Hope it helps someone out.
Alan
http://www.scarletfire.co.uk

The Ultimate List of Strava Add On Sites!
http://www.scarletfire.co.uk/strava-sites

Comments

• Hawmaw
    Hawmaw Posts: 124
    Why do deals like this come up at the wrong time ? Credit card hammered at Christmas :(
  • Annoying isn't it? The irony being that if you can still afford it after Christmas, you don't really need the discount as much as the people who can't!
    Alan

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    slightly gutted as I just ordered a 510 for £215 from garmin with the pre xmas 30% off code! This would have been a better deal for sure!
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Super price, cant's see them going any lower. There can't be many more in the supply chain. I paid 149 for a refurd without heart rate and cadence . This is even cheaper than secondhand.
  • solboy10 wrote:
    slightly gutted as I just ordered a 510 for £215 from garmin with the pre xmas 30% off code! This would have been a better deal for sure!

Same here, oh well.
    Trek 1.5 Road
    Haro MTB
  • At least the 510 has superior GPS tracking thanks to the addition of GLONASS.
    It locks on quicker and is more reliable generally in terms of tracking accuracy.
    Even the 810 doesn't have this!
    So console yourself with that, if it helps :-)
    Alan

• bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    At least the 510 has superior GPS tracking thanks to the addition of GLONASS.
    It locks on quicker and is more reliable generally in terms of tracking accuracy.
    yeah over it now and i think this is a pricing error imo
  • chatlow
    chatlow Posts: 849
    Got the 500 premium bundle for Christmas. Have just ordered this so hope my 500 fetches a decent amount online or my wife will kill me!
  • defride
    defride Posts: 277
    solboy10 wrote:
    At least the 510 has superior GPS tracking thanks to the addition of GLONASS.
    yeah over it now and i think this is a pricing error imo

Pricing error? Seems Garmin have been clearing the shelves a bit what with 30% off themselves, expect Amazon bought a bunch of the 800's at a really good price.

Ordered one last night, wasn't planning on getting one but with a voucher from Christmas to knock off even more it seemed a no brainer. Shipping confirmation already received.

Cheers for the heads up.
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    Worth an upgrade from a 3+ year old 705 with the rubber battery cover missing, that can't have long left? That price is tempting...
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,891
    Phew, it's gone back up - temptation removed!

No way I would have got this past the gf anyway, the Cycleops HR strap on the other hand will be a breeze :wink:
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • In case you missed it on Amazon, Wiggle are doing "refurbished" 800s in the performance bundle for £210.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-noh-edge ... ce-bundle/
  • Steve236
    Steve236 Posts: 212
    Been meaning to post a big thanks on here today for this thread. I've been too-ing and fro-ing between a 500 or 800 for ages and was planning on one or the other in the new year. Spotted this last night and picked the 800 performance up as price too good to miss.
  • daniel_b
    In case you missed it on Amazon, Wiggle are doing "refurbished" 800s in the performance bundle for £210.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-noh-edge ... ce-bundle/

TBH that just re-enforces my hesitancy, refurbs are probably fine, but more than 10 in stock - how frequently do these things suffer failures and end up being replaced?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • ih007
    ih007 Posts: 67
    you can still order from Amazon at £209 for 2-4 week delivery... hit the 'more buying choices' on the right - Amazon is still there, 2-4 weeks comes up at checkout. I've just had a punt as I dithered too long on Friday and Saturday so we'll see what happens.
  • Seemed too good to be true but I ordered one. I was assured by Amazon that they are new products. Just seems a bit of a coincidence that Wiggle have a deal at the same price for refurbs. If it comes in a plain white box it is a Garmin refurb. If that is the case I will probably return it as you are just buying someone else's troubles (just my opinion). I hope it is the real deal.
  • ytchi
    ytchi Posts: 61
    Got mine this morning - it's a new unit and everything's working fine as best as I can tell on the rollers (no way I'm going outside today)
  • ytchi wrote:
    Got mine this morning - it's a new unit and everything's working fine as best as I can tell on the rollers (no way I'm going outside today)

Excellent. A truly great deal then. You have put my mind at rest. Thanks.
  • Might not be a return. Remember they tend to hire them out at events now. Might be one of those, perhaps used once, perhaps not even used at all. It's only a box, the warranty will be the same. Garmin are really good with their warranties.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Mine turned up today from Amazon! brand new.

I have used a few NOH garmin 500's they seem absolutely fine, can't even tell they have been used!

Happy Happy. :D:D
    I do science, sometimes.
  • They've had the non-bike specific models and the 500 on 'lightning deals' this week.
    Picked up a 500 for 90 quid, which as someone has pointed out is probably cheaper than second hand.
    They do repeat the offers, so it's worth keeping an eye out.
  • I ordered one after seeing this thread, just picked it up from a local collect plus store. It's in a proper garmin box, the unit doesn't appear to have been used and all the bits and pieces are all in there plastic bags. The instruction book as december 2012 printed on the back, which I would assume to be month of manufacture?
  • defride
    I ordered one after seeing this thread, just picked it up from a local collect plus store. It's in a proper garmin box, the unit doesn't appear to have been used and all the bits and pieces are all in there plastic bags. The instruction book as december 2012 printed on the back, which I would assume to be month of manufacture?

I'd guess the Dec 2012 relates to the copyright/version of the manual. Had a look for a date of manufacture and couldn't see anything. They'd know from the serial no if req.

Mine arrived yesterday, great service on their standard delivery. Mostly set up, just need to ride with it now, hopefully tomorrow.
  • Quins
    Quins Posts: 239
    I bought this bundle in the 26th Dec, having spent a month researching with club mates and forums. Really wanted the HRh and Cadence as we have coaches club sessions in turbos followed by circuits and wanted to coach to help with my HR zones etc. Told my family to give me money instead if presents so that I could get the kit and decided that a NOH was the affordable route. It arrived the other day, minus the HRM and cadence. Git back in touch with wiggle to ensure that the other parts were in the post, got an email saying to return the unit due to supplier error ! Gutted does not describe it. All the invoices say performance bundle, even the transactions in my order history, and when I committed to buy there were 10 available.

Anyone else had this? What to do?
  • daniel_b
    Quins wrote:
    I bought this bundle in the 26th Dec, having spent a month researching with club mates and forums. Really wanted the HRh and Cadence as we have coaches club sessions in turbos followed by circuits and wanted to coach to help with my HR zones etc. Told my family to give me money instead if presents so that I could get the kit and decided that a NOH was the affordable route. It arrived the other day, minus the HRM and cadence. Git back in touch with wiggle to ensure that the other parts were in the post, got an email saying to return the unit due to supplier error ! Gutted does not describe it. All the invoices say performance bundle, even the transactions in my order history, and when I committed to buy there were 10 available.

Anyone else had this? What to do?

They are still showing 10+ in stock.
    Surely you simply send it back, and they exchange, or simpler and faster would be to send back for a refund and order afresh.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • Quins
    Daniel, I cannot find the bundle that I bought for £209, there is one for £269. Simply sending the unit back will not rectifyWhen I bought mine it was £209 , 10 available. Wiggle now say there was a supplier error and are saying they won't send me the items missing from my invoices, ie the hrm and cadence. They still have the hrm and cadence sensors in stock , so they should send what I ordered and got charged for.
  • patrickf
    patrickf Posts: 536
    Quins wrote:
    Daniel, I cannot find the bundle that I bought for £209, there is one for £269. Simply sending the unit back will not rectifyWhen I bought mine it was £209 , 10 available. Wiggle now say there was a supplier error and are saying they won't send me the items missing from my invoices, ie the hrm and cadence. They still have the hrm and cadence sensors in stock , so they should send what I ordered and got charged for.
    Surely it's a case of you sending the wrong box with item back and Wiggle sending out what they said they would.

Don't forget, you both entered a contract for the named item. Wiggle didn't deliver the item you paid for therefore surely they still have to fulfil their obligation to supply the item they sold. Also, they cannot hike the price now as they entered a contract for the named item at that price.

Just get back in touch with Wiggle and clarify that they will send you the performance bundle once they receive your box back. Should be simple.
  • defride
    patrickf wrote:
    Quins wrote:
    Surely it's a case of you sending the wrong box with item back and Wiggle sending out what they said they would.

Don't forget, you both entered a contract for the named item. Wiggle didn't deliver the item you paid for therefore surely they still have to fulfil their obligation to supply the item they sold. Also, they cannot hike the price now as they entered a contract for the named item at that price.

Just get back in touch with Wiggle and clarify that they will send you the performance bundle once they receive your box back. Should be simple.

The other thing they can say is send it back if you're unhappy and we will refund you in full.

If they have them in stock sounds like pretty bum customer service to me not to honour the price and send out a replacement
  • Quins
    They have not made any offer to replace the bundle or send the missing items to make up the bundle. I am v v peed off. Seems that they do not honour the sale/contract. It's a hassle but if they don't resolve it I could go small claims court route. Buy the missing items and recover the costs through the court. Pita. I was really chuffed with Wiggle, I know they turn over a lot of product and we are all usually very content but I feel they are acting very poorly on this one. As you say Defride, bum customer service. Not the end of the world but it has tarnished the impression I had of them, was really looking forward to using hrm and cadence on turbo. If anything changes I will let you know.
  • mickyj
    mickyj Posts: 26
    The same thing happened to me with regards to Wiggle's NOH Garmin Edge 800 Performance Bundle. I only received the Garmin unit. I contacted their customer services to be told that it was a supplier issue and that the best thing for me to do was to return the unit for a full refund. I pointed out that the missing items were available separately from Wiggle and were showing as being in stock. They said that as they were not classed as NOH they would not be sending these to me. Long story short after a few more email exchanges I have returned the Garmin and accepted a £20 voucher from Wiggle for my trouble. I am still slightly miffed as if they wanted, Wiggle could have supplied the missing parts. A £20 voucher is better than nothing and to be honest I couldn't be bothered to take things any further.