If someone can help me get the KKRM and ship to Singapore?

mizlabyrinth
mizlabyrinth Posts: 4
Hi everyone,

I've just taken a liking for cycling these days, and have been curious with Trainers since they could be used anytime in the house. I would really love to start doing some cycling trainings along with my parents.

I'm using a mountain bike and located in Singapore (so I was looking in online sites that offers free shipping but kinda fails... :cry: )

Now that I've decided to get the KKRM with ant+ stick and Garmin GSC10. (can someone help me with it? - pretty please)
I am able to pay via Paypal. And please don't scam me, I definitely trust you guys!

Sorry for asking so much again...(3rd time on the very same posts) :oops:

Thank you for reading!

Comments

• dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    Kurt Kinetic Road Machine
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Rich
  • olake92
    olake92 Posts: 182
    As above, Kurt Kinetic Road Machine!
    I'm on Twitter! Follow @olake92 for updates on my racing, my team's performance and some generic tweets.
  • ExigeR
    ExigeR Posts: 120
    And another for the KKRM.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Kurt Kinetic is around £300 (he is talking $$$) which is above the OP's budget but if you are willing to spend a bit more then its a good choice. Nothing wrong with Tacx blue series. very stable and resonably quiet. Blue matic gives up to 900watts resistance whicj is plenty. All range comes in below £200 which is under $300. Elite are good too but being Italian they aint as cheap in comparison.
  • KKRM is about £350 to us but it's only about $350 in the US.(may have access to better deals quoting in $) Have to agree with the others the RM is an awesome trainer and in conjunction with TrainerRoad is a great combo. I have previously used Tacx Flow and Cosmos although not with TR.
  • Thank you everyone for your help!
    Will splurge on the KKRM! :)
  • ExigeR
    Depends how much cash you have left.

I would go with a Garmin and ant+ stick then subscribe to TrainerRoad (see TR thread) Well worth the money.

My KKRM came with the riser so use that but a block of wood will do the same. As for the mat just use a big towel on the floor, easy to wash and cheap :)
  • Be aware that they're quite noisy and so something like the rubber mat (or a yoga mat), can help dampen the sound if you have any downstairs neighbours. You can use a block of wood for the front tyre and you'll probably want a slick wheel for the back. Other than that, a small towel and a big fan are essential as you'll sweat buckets.

Finally, make sure your back wheel is surgically clean, or else you'll be trying to redecorate (to hide the black line thats just appeared on the floor, wall and ceiling) before your other half gets home. :?
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    ExigeR wrote:
    I would go with a Garmin and ant+ stick then subscribe to TrainerRoad (see TR thread)
    NB you don't need a Garmin comp/headunit for TrainerRoad, just ant+ stick.
    Rich
  • ExigeR
    Thats true. ant+ stick and Garmin GSC10 will do it.

But its good to have the head unit for when you can get back on the road :)
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    Re related parts :
    I have a std KK (road machine ?) and at the time it came as a package with a wired power computer. the newer version looks a bit fancier and I found my one pretty useful and I had no other means of gauging effort. It did, however pack up - replacement one has also packed up and it is now not used by me a great deal and it is way out of warranty I'd think so am not too bothered. The rep I saw at the time was others also suffered failures - this new version looks totally different tho'.
  • rob13
    rob13 Posts: 430
    I've got a KKRM, but I've also got the pro fly-wheel and the riser ring. The pro fly-wheel gives it extra weight so that it take a little bit to get it spinning up, but once its there, its a much more realistic feeling. I took it off as I'm no pro, but actually preferred how it rode with it on. As long as the KK keeps on going, unless something revolutionary comes out, I doubt i'll upgrade as I dont think there's anything better on the market. I had the Cycleops Fluid 2 before and the KK is better than it.
  • @ExigeR, Redjeep!, RichA, andyrr, Rob13: Appreciated your advice!!