Which air for my tyres

2»

Comments

• mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    Costco's tyre depots claim the same pressure retention.

http://tires2.costco.com/CostcoAdvantage.aspx

I think it is used in racing as it gives very tight control over the tyre pressures - crucial in sports like F1 and Indy Car etc where they are looking at fractions of a lb making a difference.

It's not weight that's the important bit in car racing, it's temperature - a few PSI's here and there can give a huge performance advantage.

As for what I put into my tyres, I use Scream.
    Insert bike here:
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    I think factory air is best, the p fairy only seems to come around after the factory air had leaked out and been replaced by the local stuff.

Nitrogen might be good since it has lower molecular weight than air, marginal gains and all that.

Dry air will be better, no drops of moisture to centrifuge output and increase weight on the outer circumference.

Whatever you do make sure the air in both tyres is the same, if one wheel goes faster than the other you will fall off.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    mpatts wrote:
    It's not weight that's the important bit in car racing, it's temperature - a few PSI's here and there can give a huge performance advantage.

I was talking about pressure myself. :lol::lol:
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Compressed unicorn farts. You can even use the canisters with your normal CO2 dispenser.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    DesWeller wrote:
    Compressed unicorn farts. You can even use the canisters with your normal CO2 dispenser.

no you can't
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    RideOnTime wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:

no you can't

Works for me as long as I wave my wand at it first.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}