Problems with Sufferfest

gixernick
gixernick Posts: 180
I have three of these which work fine. Then I got three more recently which have unzipped fine and work ok on my laptop but when I try to copy it to put it on my tab or phone the vids won't play.
I have emailed the Sufferfest folk who said they don't know why it does that and not much else.
Any one shed any light?

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Try using a program called Handbrake to convert the files to phone/tablet friendly ones.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    as above, try converting - to a different format and/or lower bit rate and/or resolution

aside from software issues like lack of support for a given format, many devices just don't have enough oomph to handle high quality video (irrespective of marketing claims)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    Can I ask here what is a suggested method to lower the device requirements (RAM / CPU etc) for a video such as the Sufferfest ones ?
    I've a couple of these vids and used to play these on a laptop - that went kaput so now am restricted to using a netbook and mostly they play ok but if I want to jump forwards or backwards then often the video hangs.
    I've tried shutting down just about all the other processes running before firing off the video but often still hit the same problem.
    I've normally used Vimeo to play them,
  • It can't be the format as the copied files won't play on the laptop where the original unzipped ones are??
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    gixernick wrote:
    It can't be the format as the copied files won't play on the laptop where the original unzipped ones are??

so you're saying you unzip file n.zip to n.mp4 on the pc

it plays

you copy that n.mp4 to another device as, say, n2.mp4, where it does not play

you then copy n2.mp4 back to the pc, where it does not play

logically the copy operation and/or the destination device is corrupting the file
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Yes that about sums it up, sungod.