Christmas dinner

2»

Comments

• gotta be thick gravy, none of this thin toby carvery bollox
  • arran77 wrote:
    o i forget neither is he, still waiting for the long story...come on vtech spill the beans

I was just about to say that :lol:

I'm sure if you ask nicely for us he'll tell us, he likes you :P

course he does
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    30 grams of carb.

May include 6 sprouts to make it seem festive :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    team47b wrote:
    30 grams of carb.

May include 6 sprouts to make it seem festive :roll:
    How many grams of carbs in nut roast?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47b
    about 39.
  • Turkey from a farm just outside the town, roast spuds, parsnips, sprouts, bread sauce, 2 types of stuffing, bacon, chipolatas, gravy, all cooked by me starting at 7.00am. May do a starter, bought Xmas pud. Have made note to self re mulled wine- if putting brandy in it make sure it is actually mulled wine and not slightly warm punch like last year's. I had to retire hurt shortly after lunch.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I've cooked Christmas dinner for the last 29 years of my marriage apart from one a few years ago when I got the Nora Virus :-)

The whole family are vegetarian, so typically, Roast Potatoes, Parsnips, Brussells (Not for me), Carrots, Mashed Potato, Stuffing, Veggie Sausages wrapped with Veggie Bacon, Stuffing, Veggie Roast, Cranberry Sauce, Gravy.

I reckon each of my families plates weigh about 3lb, mine weighs about a 1lb if I'm lucky.

Love Christmas day with my family, but it's tiring.
  • veggie bacon!!

i tried quorn bacon once...never again
  • Hmmn velonutter, I have two questions...what flavour gravy do vegetarians have? (I've a feeling vegetable is going to be the obvious answer)..and why the cranberry sauce? I thought cranberry sauce was only to make the turkey palatable, which is why I always have beef for christmas lunch, can't stand bloody turkey.
  • oniony tomatoey flaovour gravy ime
  • team47b
    oniony tomatoey flaovour gravy ime

...and Marmite :D
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Hmmn velonutter, I have two questions...what flavour gravy do vegetarians have? (I've a feeling vegetable is going to be the obvious answer)..and why the cranberry sauce? I thought cranberry sauce was only to make the turkey palatable, which is why I always have beef for christmas lunch, can't stand bloody turkey.

Believe it or not but Bisto granules are Vegetarian :mrgreen:

Typically we eat either a Quorn Roast or in the early days a Chicken Style bake, Cranberry goes down nice with it.

So apart from the meat alternative our Christmas dinner is like most peoples.

TPM Quorn bacon is fine if cooked properly.