Best Turbo Trainers

josh_1871
josh_1871 Posts: 27
Hi

Looking to buy a Turbo Trainer for a birthday present but dont know where to start.

Anybody know any decent products for £100-£350 range?

Anything one should particularly look out for when buying a turbo trainer?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• neal1984
    neal1984 Posts: 240

Life is like riding a bicycle: you don't fall off unless you stop pedaling.

Scott Foil Team Issue HMX Di2
    Boardman Team Carbon LTD
  • ExigeR
    ExigeR Posts: 120
    Had my Kurt Kinetic Road Machine for over 12 months and its been great, well made and not to loud.
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    +1 for KKRM.
    Rich
  • +2 for KKRM.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    The Cycle Ops Jet Fluid Pro is excellent.
  • markp80
    markp80 Posts: 444
    I have a KKRM but I find it hurts when I use it.
    Boardman Road Comp - OK, I went to Halfords
    Tibia plateau fracture - the rehab continues!
  • Way out of budget, but the Kickr is one of the best cycling investments I've made!
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • ExigeR
    ExigeR Posts: 120
    What makes the Kicker so good, i just started looking at one the other day but didn't get very far when i saw the price.
  • Ray says it far better than I can...

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/03/fitn ... eview.html

However, in short, it is the most relentless workout I've ever had. There's no backing off whatsoever as the Kickr auto adjusts. Exactly what a good turbo session should be.
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • olake92
    olake92 Posts: 182
    Kurt Kinetic Road Machine is great! Kickr is probably the best electronic turbo on the market, getting towards the realms of a cheap version of the Racermate Velotron computrainer, which is the daddy of indoor trainers and used by labs, but comes with a £4000 price tag. However, you'll need a smartphone with good bluetooth capabilities to make the Kickr work.
    I'm on Twitter! Follow @olake92 for updates on my racing, my team's performance and some generic tweets.
  • I think Kurt Kinetic Road Machine is the best one for that price range (at least compared to other turbos I tried/owned, such as Tacx and other less known brands). It's quiet and has a nice feel for a turbo, so it does its job well. It's still a turbo though :wink:
  • Lefire
    Lefire Posts: 89
    I use a TACX cycleforce and have done for a few years.
    It was pretty cheap and very practical.

Stick it in front of the TV to stop the bordem, although in hindsight would have bought one that links to pc.
    Have just been looking at youtube clips to see if there is anything on there to be more interesting for cycling.