evo recall what to do?

2»

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    lawman wrote:
    Why don't YOU just shut up and ride... Oh wait, you can't!

This. I had to wait nearly 2 months for my frame situation to be sorted, which cost me 6 weeks of riding and god knows how many days waiting for couriers and sending emails backwards and forwards, let alone the dozen or so times I had to visit the LBS. You're being offered a free fix, it will be done quickly and you could be out riding by the weekend at the latest, sounds like a bloody good deal to me!!

this some kind of ******* competition for whos worst of??? No trying to say how much of a pita it is.
    Happy its being sorted but annoyed at the situation but that's life.

No competition at all and no need to be abusive towards other forum users, just be grateful it's being sorted quickly with minimal hassle.

Are you 100% you have a 2013 fork? If you didn't notice before hand what difference does it make? I'm pretty sure most manufacturers put in the small print that specification can change without notice.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Is very common for manufacturers to put 'older' kit on. Can be misleading though.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The Rookie wrote:
    A suggestion that every manufacturer worldwide is going to switch perfectly every component from one MY to the next coinciding with all the suppliers changes is optimistic at best, in reality laughable.

So you have a 13MY fork, so get on with getting it sorted, as the item was not fit for purpose you have an argument with the selling store in recovering any losses, personally I'd just try for a pair of OK replacements while yours are off getting the fixed so you can at least ride the bike.

My point being that should they be charging the same money for 2014 as MY 2013 components ?
    Not expecting them to switch straight away but you'd think the price would be different for discounted previous MY components.
    Did you even stop for even 1/10 of a second to think how that could ever work in reality, sheesh, get real.........as each part changes they could have 20 different prices through a year.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They could only guarantee all 2014 components unless every manufacturer has the same release date for their new kit. That's never going to happen.
  • cooldad wrote:
    Oh dear!

Not another Orange hate thread.

Please.

But they fitted a 2013 fork on a 2014 bike :shock:
    I am disappointed in that as they have charged same money for an old model as the new one.
    :?

Slightly ironic as the current Alpine frame is pretty much exactly the same as the 1st ones that rolled off the production line in 2009, but now cost significantly more :lol:
  • I bought a 2013 Trek Remedy 8 in February and my forks were one of the batch recalled, the process went something like this

1. Took bike to lbs that I purchased it from
    2. They contacted mojo and took the forks off the bike
    3. A courier was then sent to said lbs to pick the forks
    4. Lbs called me and let me know that mojo had a team setup to deal with the recall and the forks would be back asap
    5. Lbs then phoned me and let me know that the courier was running behind and my forks would be back shortly
    6. Lbs called me and let me know my bike was ready to collect
    7. Collected bike with repaired and serviced shocks completely free of charge

This whole process meant I was without my bike for a total of 8 days and this was only because I took my bike in on a Saturday so the courier couldn't pick up until the Monday....to be without your bike for such a small time in exchange for the peace of mind that my forks are not going to over extend mid air on a jump or drop is a small price to pay, and I get a free forks service to boot......stop moaning and get in touch with your lbs to get this sorted.

Rather be without my bike for 1 week than be in hospital for a month and then 6 months at home recovering

P.S If you didn't know what parts were on the bike when you purchased it then wtf we're you thinking? I would never buy a bike of that value unless I was sure it was right for me and the parts on it were exactly what I wanted.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Don't see the point of this thread at all - your forks are in the batch that need to be sent back. Fox tell you not to ride them so you go to the LBS and get the forks sent back. the weather is shockingly bad at the mo so you are unlikely to be going out.

If the forks supplied with the bike are not what was advertised then take it up with the shop you bought it from simples
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The frame was designed in 1986 so having 2013 forks fitted cant be too much of a problem.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    The frame was designed in 1698 so having 2013 forks fitted cant be too much of a problem.

FTFY
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    The frame was designed in 1886 so having 2013 forks fitted cant be too much of a problem.

edited that for you :lol: