ballysmate
ballysmate Posts: 15,921
edited December 2013 in The bottom bracket
Jang Song Thaek

Can anyone muster any empathy?

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Should have listened to the mods when he got his first warning...
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I'll not hear a bad word said about Kim Jong-un just in case he's tuning into this :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Like it, made me chuckle anyways.
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    I feel sorry for Kim Jong Un. It must be so ronery without your uncle.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I'm waiting for the BBC to tell me how I should feel about the situation.
  • Mikey23
    Should be several hours of tributes and a crazy guy doing rubbish signing
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    R.I.P.

I never knew him but as is the way these days, if I don't show sympathy it may be seen as some kind of discrimination.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Commiserations to his family for their loss.....
  • daviesee
    Mccaria wrote:
    Commiserations to his family for their loss.....
    Should be an interesting funeral.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I'm waiting for the BBC to tell me how I should feel about the situation.

Don't wait for the BBC, we have members here who can tell you what to feel, apparently.

Don't think anyone will be taking a selfie at the funeral though.
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    I for one applaud this action, and I wont stop applauding until it is safe to do so.
  • are there people in Liverpool holding a candlelit vigil?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    POIDH
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    There is having fun, having a thick skin etc but then there is bad taste.
    Living MY dream.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    celebration of the elimination of the ruling elite in brutal regimes is always in good taste

at least he wasn't subjected to decades of grinding oppression, starvation or torture, unlike the people he lorded it over
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • daviesee
    VTech wrote:
    Scared of incrimination?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    VTech wrote:

Bad taste in thread topics or bad taste in responses or just bad taste?

Back to the OP.

Didn't the Kings and Queens of days gone by chop the heads off their rivals?

Jang Song Thaek - Riving Regend no more.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:

Bad taste in thread topics or bad taste in responses or just bad taste?

Back to the OP.

Didn't the Kings and Queens of days gone by chop the heads off their rivals?

Jang Song Thaek - Riving Regend no more.

I would say in topic and in replies as the topic was aimed at provoking or poking pun of the people who have in the past posted RIP threads which in my opinion seem to have mainly been genuine so wether or not someone agrees with this type of obituary or not doesn't mean people should disrespect their opinion or choices.
    On the other hand we could argue that then also doesn't mean that people can poke fun of it, demeanour it or generally abuse it which is why I commented on the bad taste issue.

Wether this guy was bad or not doesn't matter to me, to most here either but poking fun at the death of a man to mock previous posts is surely bad taste at many levels.
    Living MY dream.
  • Stevo_666
    VTech wrote:
    [
    Wether this guy was bad or not doesn't matter to me, to most here either but poking fun at the death of a man to mock previous posts is surely bad taste at many levels.
    Before you click to go into Bottom Bracket, it says clearly below the forum name "Adults ony! Warning - you may be offended!"

What part of that is not clear to you?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Blimey, is this pre-Christmas, thin skinned-ness? Nothing problematic here, this BB after all!
  • VTech
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    [
    Before you click to go into Bottom Bracket, it says clearly below the forum name "Adults ony! Warning - you may be offended!"

That was and never has been my issue.
    I have not made a single complaint to the mo team on these matter and I won't.
    I just said it was in bad taste and I "think" I have a right to that thought. Sticking by such comments or trying to justify them because of where it is located on an online forum is odd, shows lack or charachter.
    Living MY dream.
  • daviesee
    If we can't mock previous posts what's the point?

Regardless of who you are, or the subject, by posting you are leaving your post open to mockery.

And yes, including this one. Especially this one.
  • VTech
    I agree on the whole, but who would find fun in mocking death ?

Its in the same realm as mocking the victims of Jimmy Saville, its bad taste. Not illegal, not going to kill anyone but simply bad taste is all.
    Living MY dream.
  • V Tech, why are you getting involved in the Bottom Bracket? This is not an area of the forum where you can have sensible discussions... it is specifically meant at pointless arguing...
    Conversely, There is always a lot to learn in the workshop area of the forum... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • daviesee
    VTech wrote:
    I agree on the whole, but who would find fun in mocking death ?
    I think you will find a thick vein of dark/black/gallows humour through the ages.
    It is nothing new and PC sensibilities won't make it go away.
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    [

Does exactly what it says on the tin, it's not a difficult concept to comprehend, this is an area where pi$$ taking is the norm and threads often sail pretty close to the wind (and often beyond), if you are that sensitive, don't bother coming in and whining, we'll only take the pi$$ even more :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    VTech wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    [

That was and never has been my issue.
    I have not made a single complaint to the mo team on these matter and I won't.
    I just said it was in bad taste and I "think" I have a right to that thought. Sticking by such comments or trying to justify them because of where it is located on an online forum is odd, shows lack or charachter.
    Never suggested that you have or would complain - and for that, fair play.

But I don't need to justify my bad taste comments, the label on the tin says this is the place for them. Like people have said above, if you don't like in here just post elsewhere - simple. Sounds like you might be a good fit in commuting chat :wink:
  • arran77
    I reckon even commuting chat might be a bit too controversial for VTech :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Yup, bad taste on just about every level.. BB at its absolute best
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    I reckon even commuting chat might be a bit too controversial for VTech :lol:
    That could be interpreted as a personal insult :P