Is This Bike The Worst Buy In Britain.

124»

Comments

• Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    So, all's well that ends well, then...

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... bly-39282/
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I think the French should be grateful to Specialized for taking away some of their horrible words, one step closer to speaking a civilised tongue.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Leaf springs also mean live axles so no independent rear suspension. Part of the reason why muscle cars only go around corners sideways.
    Stick to stuff you know! - it has leaf springs and an independant rear suspension, ironically so did the Triumph spitfire of the 1970's! I could find more examples if you like, in the case of the corvette it's just a spring, so the type of spring is irrelevant.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Kowalski gets banned and the motorbike talk stop, now this :roll: :wink:
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Thought this was a top gear forum for a sec there :wink:

If it was this thread would be called:

Is This Bike The Worst Buy...... IN THE WORLD

If I had a quid for every time they say that per episode :roll:
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    ... then you'd probably be £2-£3 better off per week?

Ever thought it's part of the irony of Clarkson?
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    njee20 wrote:
    ... then you'd probably be £2-£3 better off per week?

Ever thought it's part of the irony of Clarkson?

Granted it''s been a few years but the last time I watched it they said "in the world" 11 times in one episode.

It was an entertaining show in the beginning, but as it wore on I just couldn't cope with Clarkson becoming the real life Alan Partridge all while Hammond and May disappeared further and further up his arse.

...and on that bombshell:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuO-8S_0Wg
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    Clearly there are additional costs involved in maintaining brand image. For example there is a decent sized Specialized shop in Covent Garden London. Retail space there is some of the most expensive per square metre on the planet. The direct marketers have none of those costs.

Last summer a small cycling shop in Crouch End in north London closed, in part because Evans opened a large branch there. I had a look at the monthly rent being asked on the vacant premises , estimated the wages of 2 staff and the rates and utility bills. Total costs of £107,000 pa ! Even if everything was being marked up 100% it's very difficult to see how they could generate enough turnover to survive.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    lawman wrote:
    As for race tracks, have you been to, or seen Laguna Seca?

From his comment about their roads having no corners I'm guessing he's not seen (for example) Deal's Gap either. Or Pikes Peak, Blue Ridge Parkway, San Juan Skyway, etc. America's a huge place - they have loads of roads that are better than anything we have on this tiny island. As for the policing of them, I've never heard of anyone receiving a custodial sentence for speeding in the USA...