This is not a personal attack

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    VTech wrote:
    What I can't fathom (and maybe that makes me the idiot to some here) is why anyone would want to suggest such a thing. Regardless of how you mean what your typing, you could and possibly would offend at least one person so why bother ? whats to be gained ?
    Many school boy bullies try to justify playground bullying as "just a bit of fun" but how does the kid being bullied feel ?

I have absolutely no doubt this won't get through to those I aim it at but felt it was worth my 2 minutes to type it.

What you cannot seem to seperate is banter from bullying.
    What we do in here has limits. I have never witnessed bullying in this part of the forum, contrary to popular belief. You also get respect for being able to take it on the chin, you get more respect by brushing it off with a witty or clever reposte.

Sean the con is a tw4t. Stevo is a d1ckhead. Pinarello is a cnut. Mikey is an old wrinkly prune with more metalwork than bones. No-body gives a flying f**k because none of it is actually meant to harm. We have been sympathetic towards Mikey for example because he has had his fair share of accidents but we can all laugh - it's the best medicine.
    Sticks and stones may... you know the rest.
    We take the preverbial out of each other but we are also expected to take it on the chin in the same way we dish it out. If you can't dish it and take it, don't post it.

If you feel that some of the jibes towards you have been unfair and you are being persecuted, then perhaps you would like to do the following:
    Either: Keep away from BB, Cake Stop and Crudcatcher.
    Don't jump on a bandwagon.
    Don't post at the merest suggestion of Ferraris and Caviar (literally and metaphorically) but most of all,
    Lighten up ffs.
    The last point would put you in a good postition and you may find that if you actually held your hands up and said "I've been a plonker, sorry.", you would get some respect back.

The thread is entitled 'This is not a personal attack' and the merest hint of that was enough to get the dogs barking at each other making the thread quite funny and ironical. It was definitely not directed towards you, unless of course you have been off to the complaints dept. again?

I wasn't marking at what may or may not happen to me, I'm big and ugly enough for it not to bother me. More aimed at some of the VERY low things people do and say here, far worse than "banter" as it is made out to be.
    Living MY dream.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,608
    So what exactly on here have you got a problem with?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    ...and is it based on ethical grounds or moral grounds :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    So what exactly on here have you got a problem with?

Problem pal?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    What I can't fathom (and maybe that makes me the idiot to some here) is why anyone would want to suggest such a thing. Regardless of how you mean what your typing, you could and possibly would offend at least one person so why bother ? whats to be gained ?
    Many school boy bullies try to justify playground bullying as "just a bit of fun" but how does the kid being bullied feel ?

I have absolutely no doubt this won't get through to those I aim it at but felt it was worth my 2 minutes to type it.

What we do in here has limits. I have never witnessed bullying in this part of the forum, contrary to popular belief. You also get respect for being able to take it on the chin, you get more respect by brushing it off with a witty or clever reposte.

Sean the con is a tw4t. Stevo is a d1ckhead. Pinarello is a cnut. Mikey is an old wrinkly prune with more metalwork than bones. No-body gives a flying f**k because none of it is actually meant to harm. We have been sympathetic towards Mikey for example because he has had his fair share of accidents but we can all laugh - it's the best medicine.
    We take the preverbial out of each other but we are also expected to take it on the chin in the same way we dish it out. If you can't dish it and take it, don't post it.

If you feel that some of the jibes towards you have been unfair and you are being persecuted, then perhaps you would like to do the following:
    Don't post at the merest suggestion of Ferraris and Caviar (literally and metaphorically) but most of all,
    Lighten up ffs.
    The last point would put you in a good postition and you may find that if you actually held your hands up and said "I've been a plonker, sorry.", you would get some respect back.

The thread is entitled 'This is not a personal attack' and the merest hint of that was enough to get the dogs barking at each other making the thread quite funny and ironical. It was definitely not directed towards you, unless of course you have been off to the complaints dept. again?

I wasn't marking at what may or may not happen to me, I'm big and ugly enough for it not to bother me. More aimed at some of the VERY low things people do and say here, far worse than "banter" as it is made out to be.
    Things like "All the unemployed are work shy wasters. Hilter was a bit naughty but his heart was in the right place. And I'm spying on your IP addresses to see what you're up to."

Yeah I know. Shocking what some people do and say.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    seanoconn wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Lighten up ffs.

Things like "All the unemployed are work shy wasters. Hilter was a bit naughty but his heart was in the right place. And I'm spying on your IP addresses to see what you're up to."

Actually, thats the usual tactic on here by where someone says something to make out others have in fact stated something when reality is that they haven't.
    A bit like newspaper editors or politicians who "pick" out the bits they like.
    Living MY dream.
  • seanoconn
    VTech wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Lighten up ffs.

Actually, thats the usual tactic on here by where someone says something to make out others have in fact stated something when reality is that they haven't.
    Another tactic is to contradict oneself or deny what's already been written. Personally I like to hear your opinions. I can agree, disagree or ignore.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    seanoconn wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Lighten up ffs.

Another tactic is to contradict oneself or deny what's already been written. Personally I like to hear your opinions. I can agree, disagree or ignore.

I think the denial thing is what really winds people up most, if you say something at least have the gumption to stand by it, if you don't it just gives more fuel for the next fire :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    I didnt know that you could type so many words in one post, if i wanted to get serious chat i would ring the Samaritans again. :( :?
  • I'd like to hear more from the philanthropist.
  • dave02
    dave02 Posts: 325
    i like stamps as well, we could swap licks.
  • arran77
    dave02 wrote:

If you're lucky enough to be on VTechs Christmas card list I hear he posts them using penny blacks :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    arran77 wrote:
    dave02 wrote:

If you're lucky enough to be on VTechs Christmas card list I hear he posts them using penny blacks :wink:

I'll be looking out for the postman then. :lol:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    @vtech... You make a good point. In my opinion, the line between harmless banter and malicious bullying is a thin one and something which we should always be aware of with everything we post. My line in the sand is that I won't use crude language and I won't post anything negative about another person. I'm sure I don't always succeed in that but I would expect folks whether they be mods or other posters to pull me up if I step out of line. In the past I have and they do.

Most of the banter I give out and receive from the guys is fairly affectionate in nature. I'm happy to take the wee out of myself and if you dish it out you should be prepared to receive it. If I felt that it was becoming more sinister then I would go away and find my amusement elsewhere. I'm certain that a lot of folks don't share my attitudes and value systems but I feel able to express myself and to be accepted as part of a small and rather strange group of people
  • ballysmate
    VTech wrote:

I can only reiterate what Pinar said. I have not encountered any bullying.
    But for all I know, I could be one of the targets of your post. If so, should I be offended? Or perhaps someone else is offended. In either case, should you have posted?
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    @vtech... You make a good point. In my opinion, the line between harmless banter and malicious bullying is a thin one and something which we should always be aware of with everything we post. My line in the sand is that I won't use crude language and I won't post anything negative about another person. I'm sure I don't always succeed in that but I would expect folks whether they be mods or other posters to pull me up if I step out of line. In the past I have and they do.

Most of the banter I give out and receive from the guys is fairly affectionate in nature. I'm happy to take the wee out of myself and if you dish it out you should be prepared to receive it. If I felt that it was becoming more sinister then I would go away and find my amusement elsewhere. I'm certain that a lot of folks don't share my attitudes and value systems but I feel able to express myself and to be accepted as part of a small and rather strange group of people

I'd like to hear the story where you fell off your bike, again……. :lol:
  • ballysmate
    Better still, fall off again so that you can regale us with a whole new tale. :lol:
  • Mikey23
    @ss.. I'm sure you wouldn't!
    @b... I've been asked not to until the NHS budgets are sorted out for the year..
  • ballysmate
    Mikey23 wrote:
    @b... I've been asked not to until the NHS budgets are sorted out for the year..

Please don't regard my earlier post as bullying. I would be mortified.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    Mikey23 wrote:

Didn't you post some lovely pics of the bolts in your nec..., sorry leg?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:
    @ss.. I'm sure you...
    @b... I've been...

I would not like to see your fur falling out if you were mortified. A bald basil?! Now that must be a euphemism for something...
  • ballysmate
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:
    @ss.. I'm sure you...
    @b... I've been...

I would not like to see your fur falling out if you were mortified. A bald basil?! Now that must be a euphemism for something...

Brushless not bushless.
  • arran77
    Mikey23 wrote:
    if you dish it out you should be prepared to receive it.

I totally agree with this and would never say anything to someone that I would not be prepared to be said to me, it's also a case of knowing who can and can't take it :wink:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

I totally agree with this and would never say anything to someone that I would not be prepared to be said to me, it's also a case of knowing who can and can't take it :wink:
    It has been said before you can take it and like to receive :wink:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    atmosphere hoover :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

...says the queen of 'A' wing. :roll:
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:

You're only gay if you push back :P

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    That's too much information!
  • arran77
    Mikey23 wrote:
    That's too much information!

That's what STC told us he learned from his time inside.

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Anyway, you guys know I don't like to talk about it...

One thing I will say is that my dork disc saved my life...