This is not a personal attack

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited December 2013 in The bottom bracket
But, I'm guessing that by complaining about the 'FPOTY 2013 Wooden Spoon Idiot Of The Year Nominations ' thread, it has become self fulfilling :lol:

And no, the winner isn't Velonutter, I think that was a good bit of modding.
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    You could be right.

And +1, good bit of modding.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,608
    Drat, should have read the thread before it hot canned to see who the candidates were :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Drat, should have read the thread before it hot canned to see who the candidates were :P

Most people were nominating you :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    Day off today Stevo?
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Day off today Stevo?

They've let him back in during the day, is a shirker again :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Day off today Stevo?
    Nope, they've fixed the bug that was stopping me logging in at work so I can now settle a few scores with any backstabbing barstewards who've been dissing me in the daytime :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Day off today Stevo?
    Nope, they've fixed the bug that was stopping me logging in at work so I can now settle a few scores with any backstabbing barstewards who've been dissing me in the daytime :wink:

I defended you when Sean was telling everyone what a twunt you are :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Day off today Stevo?
    Quick arran hide, he's onto you :lol:
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Day off today Stevo?

Haha, beat you to it :P

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Day off today Stevo?

Haha, beat you to it :P
    Yeah but who's he going to believe, you!? LOL!
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Day off today Stevo?

Linky please?

Before I come and find you. The avatar is that for a reason: 'He feels no fear, no pity, no remorse - and he absolutely will not stop until you are dead" :twisted:
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Day off today Stevo?

Linky please?

Before I come and find you. The avatar is that for a reason: 'He feels no fear, no pity, no remorse - and he absolutely will not stop until you are dead" :twisted:

Well......

It was in here but it got deleted :wink:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12950855

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Good try :P
  • MattC59
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Most people were nominating you :wink:

But I didn't complain :wink:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Aren't you really old? I thought you said you were something like 50. I'll just keep a packet of Werther's Originals handy to distract you if you ever come after me following one of our occasional political disagreements. :P
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    johnfinch wrote:
    Aren't you really old? I thought you said you were something like 50.
    Careful fella, sounds a bit like a personal attack. You'll get banned :wink:
  • finchy
    That's OK, I'll just remind Rick I voted for him in the most helpful moderator poll and get him to lift the ban.
  • seanoconn
    What if someone reminds him you voted for him in the Jobsworth Spoilsport poll?
  • finchy
    Rick'll be very confused.
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Aren't you really old? I thought you said you were something like 50. I'll just keep a packet of Werther's Originals handy to distract you if you ever come after me following one of our occasional political disagreements. :P
    Cheeky git. You're on the list as well now :wink:
  • finchy
    Werther's Originals on standby.
  • Stevo_666
    Haven't you got any Fox's Glacier Mints?
  • seanoconn
    Rumour has it Stevo smells a bit musty too.
  • Stevo_666
    The smell of basement dungeon is quite hard to get rid of. Looks like I now have Seano, Arran and Finchy on the list for the 'Human Centipede' treatment.
  • seanoconn
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The smell of basement dungeon is quite hard to get rid of. Looks like I now have Seano, Arran and Finchy on the list for the 'Human Centipede' treatment.
    I'm not brave enough to watch that.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    What I can't fathom (and maybe that makes me the idiot to some here) is why anyone would want to suggest such a thing. Regardless of how you mean what your typing, you could and possibly would offend at least one person so why bother ? whats to be gained ?
    Many school boy bullies try to justify playground bullying as "just a bit of fun" but how does the kid being bullied feel ?

I have absolutely no doubt this won't get through to those I aim it at but felt it was worth my 2 minutes to type it.
    Living MY dream.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm not brave enough to watch that.
    Unfortunately curiosity got the better of me on that film, after which I remembered that 'what has been seen cannot be unseen'. There's a very good South Park skit of it on youtube though if you're feeling like a wimpy womble :)
  • MattC59
    And so the sanctimonious tosh continues..........
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    VTech wrote:
    What I can't fathom (and maybe that makes me the idiot to some here) is why anyone would want to suggest such a thing. Regardless of how you mean what your typing, you could and possibly would offend at least one person so why bother ? whats to be gained ?
    Many school boy bullies try to justify playground bullying as "just a bit of fun" but how does the kid being bullied feel ?

I have absolutely no doubt this won't get through to those I aim it at but felt it was worth my 2 minutes to type it.

What you cannot seem to seperate is banter from bullying.
    What we do in here has limits. I have never witnessed bullying in this part of the forum, contrary to popular belief. You also get respect for being able to take it on the chin, you get more respect by brushing it off with a witty or clever reposte.

Sean the con is a tw4t. Stevo is a d1ckhead. Pinarello is a cnut. Mikey is an old wrinkly prune with more metalwork than bones. No-body gives a flying f**k because none of it is actually meant to harm. We have been sympathetic towards Mikey for example because he has had his fair share of accidents but we can all laugh - it's the best medicine.
    Sticks and stones may... you know the rest.
    We take the preverbial out of each other but we are also expected to take it on the chin in the same way we dish it out. If you can't dish it and take it, don't post it.

If you feel that some of the jibes towards you have been unfair and you are being persecuted, then perhaps you would like to do the following:
    Either: Keep away from BB, Cake Stop and Crudcatcher.
    Don't jump on a bandwagon.
    Don't post at the merest suggestion of Ferraris and Caviar (literally and metaphorically) but most of all,
    Lighten up ffs.
    The last point would put you in a good postition and you may find that if you actually held your hands up and said "I've been a plonker, sorry.", you would get some respect back.

The thread is entitled 'This is not a personal attack' and the merest hint of that was enough to get the dogs barking at each other making the thread quite funny and ironical. It was definately not directed towards you, unless of course you have been off to the complaints dept. again?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Sledging is often mistaken for abuse, but it's just cricket :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike