Not worth a pheasant

dave02
dave02 Posts: 325
edited December 2013 in The bottom bracket
Picture this, iam out on a quiet road, there's a rider about 1/4 mile in front of me (as usual).A car passes me going at a lick, as it nears the other rider it makes no sign of slowing down, as it carries on past, a pheasant runs along the road and the cars BRAKE lights come on, it swerves to avoid any contact, passes on the other side of the road. It was just a bleeding bird but it was worth more than a cyclist or two :x

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Yup, two cyclists for a pheasant. Fair exchange rate I think
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    If either one of them got hit got could have bagged them under the law of road kill :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    arran77 wrote:
    If either one of them got hit got could have bagged them under the law of road kill :wink:

Does the rule of road kill include the bike as well? Are you entitled to pick that up?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Ballysmate wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Does the rule of road kill include the bike as well? Are you entitled to pick that up?

Well I guess it's not you that mows it down, then yes.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • dave02
    I think thats the law of salvage on the high seas, are you a seaman hunter, fancy a Jolly Jack Tar on your stem. :shock:
  • i had a brace for sunday lunch at the folks. one was nice, the other was full of blood, and a bit rank.
  • random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    i had a brace for sunday lunch at the folks. one was nice, the other was full of blood, and a bit rank.

Cyclists? :shock:
  • dave02 wrote:
    Picture this, iam out on a quiet road, there's a rider about 1/4 mile in front of me (as usual).A car passes me going at a lick, as it nears the other rider it makes no sign of slowing down, as it carries on past, a pheasant runs along the road and the cars BRAKE lights come on, it swerves to avoid any contact, passes on the other side of the road. It was just a bleeding bird but it was worth more than a cyclist or two :x

Don't get me started on game birds - the lanes around here are full of 'em during the autumn; whether partridges, pheasants or quails, they all seem to be slightly gormless and with some sort of death wish*.

David

*Not in the sense of "owning some DVDs of Michael Winner films".
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • You have quail!!
    Worst for me is the early morning pigeons picking the grit, sure I'm going to get one through my spokes one day!
  • You have quail!!

I'm sure I've seen the odd one about the place.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • dave02
    I think you need more than ONE to breed them, what colour is a peacocks egg ?
  • Mikey23
    I didn't impress my ex in laws by saying that I thought the chicken was off... It's pheasant and it's meant to be
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    dave02 wrote:

:D

...and a similar thought, shouldn't it be buffala mozzarella not buffalo :shock:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583
    dave02 wrote:

Don't get me started on game birds - the lanes around here are full of 'em during the autumn

Wish we had a few of them around here, they're all far too reserved.
  • dave02 wrote:
    You're riding a bike fella, you're life is worthless to some drivers.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    dave02 wrote:
    Picture this... :x

Don't get me started on game birds - the lanes around here are full of 'em during the autumn; whether partridges, pheasants or quails, they all seem to be slightly gormless and with some sort of death wish*.

David

*Not in the...".

Game birds are bred to be gormless so those twits who find some sort of pleasure in shooting them can massage their inglorious ego's by being easy to shoot.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    dave02 wrote:

Why is that relevant to this thread? Be careful, the fun police will have us for going off topic.
  • dave02
    Peacocks dont lay eggs, Peahens DO. HaHaHaHaHa.
    Thats got to be worth a choc orange. :lol:
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Some fool wrote:
    "A bird in the hand is worth two cyclists in the hedge."
  • dave02
    Is that as funny as mine, i think not, send me my CHOC ORANGE !
  • pinno
    A bird in the hand is worth doing in the bush.
  • dave02
    Where is this bush, and what sort of bird is it. I thought it was called a Beaver , dont they have sharp teeth, rats have sharp teeth to gnaw with, i had a cat that ate cheese then sat over a rat hole with baited breath, anther name for a cat is PUSSY and there we are again, disgusting talk, i think all men are pigs, if it had been a pig running down the road the car driver could have been trying to cook its bacon. Iam tired now need a nap. 8)
  • pinno
    @ dave02. Did your Great Grandfather write 'Alice in wonderland' by any chance?
  • dave02
    What's your point ! :lol:
  • pinno
    Is this another attempt at the pure bollox spouting competition? You won.
    dave02 wrote:
    Where is this bush, and what sort of bird is it. I thought it was called a Beaver , dont they have sharp teeth, rats have sharp teeth to gnaw with, i had a cat that ate cheese then sat over a rat hole with baited breath, anther name for a cat is PUSSY and there we are again, disgusting talk, i think all men are pigs, if it had been a pig running down the road the car driver could have been trying to cook its bacon. Iam tired now need a nap. 8)

Prepare yourself for a bit of a shock. One acronym: CAP. I wanted to tell you about CAP but didn't know how to break it to you gently.
  • dave02
    You can give it to me straight, iam a big girl now. If i have won a cap so be it.
  • pinno
    Common Agricultural Policy. They pay farmers extra for just being farmers. They even get paid for land they own but don't even farm.
  • dave02
    You have no heart why would you be so cruel to an aged cyclist who's arthritic fingers struggle to mend punctures, these cold winter days make it worse, so if you are planning a winter break to warmer climes.
    Global warming needs to hurry up, lets have more sun here so that the agri's go else where and spread their muck. :x
    I dont want to hear about farmers need to earn a living and not relying on imports for food.Hedgehogs need homes to. :roll:
  • pinno
    dave02 wrote:
    You have no heart... many have said that.

Hedgehogs need homes too. :roll:

Now, if you cut hedges short every year, birds and hedgehogs get thick bushy hedges to live in. If you don't, they get long and spindly and don't provide enough cover.
    So when you had to battle your way through hedge-cuttings like the knight in Disney's Sleeping Beauty that infamous day, your friends the hedgehogs and the sparrows were getting their houses reinforced.
  • Mikey23
    Have had to deviate a couple of times this week to avoid hedge trimmers on my local routes. And armies of peasants cleaning mud off the road with their tongues...