crappy technique? wrong bike? or just man up?

2»

Comments

• whitey161
    whitey161 Posts: 110
    I'm gonna wade in here too.

My regular riding location is the DH trails at the forest of dean. I would say they are easier than some other DH trails having ridden BPW and Cwmcarn. They aren't as step in many places but do have plenty of technical features to rate them as DH trails. Not that it really matters what we call them right?

I am by no means fast. You only have to watch my videos in my sig to know that. I have ridden the FOD DH for a couple of years on a trail bike. The last year its been my Commencal Meta '10 and its a blast, also perfectly capable of doing the drops on GBU on that bike and there isn't really anything you need to avoid. I would say it really is great fun on a trail bike and can only imagine it would be even better on a modern endure bike such as a recent Enduro or Heckler or something of that ilk; you don't NEED anything more.

HOWEVER, I have just bought a Status 2 so that I can do more DH and because, well I wanted to... And I must say its instantly faster, more confidence inspiring and fun. I really did notice the difference on a dedicated DH bike.

My personal opinion, if you're after 'one bike to rule them all' go with a nice 160mm Trail bike and you'll be able to ride it pretty much anywhere. If you just wanna do DH get a DH bike...or annoy the Mrs and get two....

I also found the recent Enduro track they set up at FOD for the Mini-Enduro harder than a lot of the DH there.
    Gravity-Fed Media - A page to showcase my MTB and Snowboard Edits

http://www.facebook.com/GFM2005