Forum home Road cycling forum Road beginners

Winter jacket

getfit14getfit14 Posts: 15
edited November 2013 in Road beginners
Can anyone recommend a warm winter cycling jacket for a budget up to £60 doesn't need to be waterproof just warm , thanks in advance

• oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,197
    Decathlon windproof jackets are nice and warm and around your budget, they come with pit zips as well. I have used mine for a couple of years along with a baselayer and not really been cold.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • thanks oxoman , have briefly looked at Decathlon will look again ,with the amount of choice out there didn't want to make a mistake
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,197
    I know what you mean made several mistake purchases myself, not bothered about trendy branding just COM and practicality. The Btwin jacket is heavy but we'll made.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Spot on mate, Ive been looking at reviews on some jackets that get 5 stars on some sites but they have been reviewed by 1 customer so not really reliable. £60 is not a lot of money when you look at some cycling clothing but it is to me
  • dhb Minima S waterproof jacket - £43. Brilliant value, rolls up incredibly small. Underneath a mixture depending on conditions - HH base layer/cycle shirt and/or dhn Windslam long sleeve top.
    Felt z95 - loving my first road bike
  • vs4bvs4b Posts: 257
    Altura night vision. Not the waterproof style but the one that looks like a soft shell winter jersey. Great bit of kit.
  • I'm waiting for my Endura Windchill to arrive today. It seems to get a lot of good reviews and I went to Evans to try it on and it fit really well. You can find last years model, brand new on ebay for around £50.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... ket-32190/
  • KajjalKajjal Posts: 3,404
    You can get previous years jackets brand new in some sizes with big discounts, try the major cycling retailers.