13»

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    daviesee wrote:

FTFY
    Not quite.

It then should be bikes or no others. :wink:

Also bikes go in last to avoid damaging them.. all other cargo is dispensable :lol:
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy wrote:

What on earth is all this drivvel about? Buy a roof rack. Have whatever car you like.

My little C1 cant have a roof rack on, but it does fit a bike inside with the back seat down... :D

Both wheels off?

Any car will fit a bke in if you dismanlte enough of it and do not want to carry anything else in there :mrgreen:

For me if I need to take anything more than the front wheel out, the car is not fit for the purpose of carrying bikes.

My car swallows the bike whole without the need to remove anything, which is what 'fitting your bike in the car' should actually mean IMO.

Front wheel off, rest of bike okay. :)
  • Giraffoto wrote:
    brearley wrote:
    I'm 22 so although the Cmax is most practical it's a bit of a Dad car

As a former owner (and a current Dad) I can recommend the C-Max for carrying bikes inside, outside, on the roof or on the back. The 1.8 is startlingly economical too, although the fuel tank is a bit small.

I agree with all that, except the only startling thing about the economy of mine (2004 model) is how bad it is: 28-30mpg around town, 38-40 on longer runs. Then again it is shaped like a brick. Comfortable too - although I am nearly twice the OP's age so ease of getting in and out is more important to old codgers like me. :D

The C-Max was my ex's choice not mine and my next car will probably be smaller, but I can get two adults and one child and their bikes in the back without taking any wheels off, and if you're that way inclined it will go quite fast around roundabouts. To be fair, not a glaringly obvious choice for a 22-year-old who could buy a Saxo and bling it up.