Etape Caledonia 2014

Omar Little
Omar Little Posts: 2,010
Just a heads up - it is on May 11th next year and will be open for entries from Wednesday for those that have pre-registered

Comments

• Garryboy
    Garryboy Posts: 344
    Doing the etape Loch Ness this year instead, managed to get a safe as limited to 1000.
    Hoping its good as really enjoyed the EC.
  • Garryboy
    Garryboy Posts: 344
    *space. Brain not engaged
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,546
    I'll be in Belfast / Dublin for Giro start.
  • I have done this for the last 2 years and last year managed an average speed of 18mph and I don't think it will get better than that so opting for Etape Eyri as the stay away trip this year.

A brilliant event that I will do again, but not this year.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Planning on doing Loch Ness and then Caledonia the next weekend. Hopefully will work well, fitness wise.
  • Stedman
    Stedman Posts: 377
    Has anyone had the “exclusive 48 hour” notification yet? It was supposed to open at 10:00 today.
  • Just registered!
    Bianchi Via Nirone
    Focus Izalco Pro 2.0
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Me tae
  • Stedman
    Had to phone through to get the advanced entry link, but I am now in.

I thought it was a bit cheeky charging an extra £2 admin charge, especially as you can only do this online!
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I'm in :)
  • Still waiting for my email, I have been assured this will happen soon.
    At the erse end o' a coo!
  • I'm in!
  • Still waiting for my email, I have been assured this will happen soon.

I'm now in! :wink:
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    I'm looking to win it this year, at the very least on the podium.
  • kend
    kend Posts: 13
    Just tried to enter through my early entry link in my mail box but the EC site says 'this entry type has reached capacity'. Sold out in under 7.5hrs!

Does anyone know if that means the whole thing has sold out or just the early entry spaces (so there may be more on Friday morning)?
  • kend wrote:
    Just tried to enter through my early entry link in my mail box but the EC site says 'this entry type has reached capacity'. Sold out in under 7.5hrs!

Does anyone know if that means the whole thing has sold out or just the early entry spaces (so there may be more on Friday morning)?

Yep just got the same. Not impressed after pre-registering and waiting for so long! Just got in from work, checked email, logged onto site and missed it!
  • Absolutely gutted............
  • What a bunch cnuts......... I have just spent £108 on a double etape cal/pen to get my Pitlochry day oot.

Not impressed
  • SFT
    SFT Posts: 156
    I got in but had to go for the Charity option - still £300 to go to something worthwhile...
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    if you're not fast, your last. :lol:
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    RandG wrote:
    if you're not fast, your last. :lol:
    Well it looks like last year was my last, as you say... I'm still waiting on my email, or have they stopped sending them out of embarrassment?
    Just as well I'd decided not to do it this year already... looking with interest at the 3pistes right now, looks good for a change.
  • Really hacked off.
    Done it the last 3 years and raised about £3K for them.
    Registered my interest months ago for 2014 and still haven't got an e-mail.
    Well they can poke it if they think my leg muscles will be burning for their charity next time.
    There's warp speed - then there's Storck Speed
  • Stedman
    Really hacked off.
    Done it the last 3 years and raised about £3K for them.
    Registered my interest months ago for 2014 and still haven't got an e-mail.
    Well they can poke it if they think my leg muscles will be burning for their charity next time.
    I am also still waiting for my e-mail and it was only a lucky phone at 12:00 yesterday call which got me the necessary e-link.
  • Anyone know the postcode for the event? Just looking at hotels and want to know distances. Cheers
    Bianchi Via Nirone
    Focus Izalco Pro 2.0
  • PH16 5BX
  • Cheers
    Bianchi Via Nirone
    Focus Izalco Pro 2.0
  • Me and a mate are travelling from Exeter to Edinburgh for the event. Does anyone know if there are bike transfers available, or if it's easy to transport bike with Flybe without incurring monstrous charges? Obviously the more it costs, the more attractive taking the van up becomes!
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,546
    If coming from Exeter let the train take the strain.
  • 2 return train tickets from Exeter to Pitlochry - £866

2 return flights from Exeter to Edinburgh - £188

:shock:
  • Spatulala wrote:
    2 return train tickets from Exeter to Pitlochry - £866

2 return flights from Exeter to Edinburgh - £188

:shock:
    I'm driving from Newton Abbot (and will collect brother in law en-route somewhere). Not sure exactly what our plans are at the moment but we could probably take you with us for a share of the petrol.

I'm saying probably at this stage because we might make a long weekend of it in Scotland although that's looking a bit less likely than it was a few days ago. If you're happy to fit in around our plans we'd be glad to have you.