Inner thigh spasms?

BMKN
BMKN Posts: 222
Every now and again my inner thigh spasms. Its the most painful experience ive had. It stays foe about 30 secs usually starts off as a cramp and gets worse anyone ever experience this?

Comments

• mrwibble
    mrwibble Posts: 980
    try some adductor side stretches when warm, never cold, could be dehydration or over doing it.
  • BMKN
    BMKN Posts: 222
    Im always paranoid about about hydrating so dont think its that. I only really commute during the week but it was particularly windy this morning. Ill take ur advice
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    What difference would the wind make? Were you pushing too harder a gear against the wind possibly and over cooked your legs?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    maybe overdoing it, as above

make sure you warm up fully, and in this weather that the muscles aren't cold

it could be tight muscles, or something else, for instance are your knees tracking in-line as you pedal? if they're going side to side or not in line with hip-ankle then it may be a bikefit issue

wouldn't think it was dehydration
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • mrwibble
    mrwibble Posts: 980
    Are you legs splayed out when cycling, knees pointing out is a good point
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    i get similar things but only when i seem to have pushed it harder than usual. i actually had it last night, was lower part of thigh. i had done 66 miles and was longest for a good few weeks, only other times i have had it was when i had gone similar distance but for the first time in a while.it never really happens if I'm ridding that distance regular.
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012