Biggest rip-off in a cycle product? (courtesy of Campagnolo)

13»

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    GA1 wrote:
    Ref: the Oakleys, I fell off my bike at the weekend and the left hand side of my face skidded across the road.

Result was one damaged helmet, a battered and bruised face, and my Oakleys are all scratched on the left lens and left hand side of the frame.

My head hit the road with some force, and I was surprised that the lenses hadn't actually smashed.

I do not know whether or not a cheaper pair would have stood up to the impact the same, but I am glad I had them on

I face planted on tarmac a month or two back - cue trip to A&E, about 20 stitches inside and outside my mounth and various gashes across the bridge of my nose. My Decathlon sunglasses are a bit scuffed on the left hand lens but otherwise untouched, and I have been wearing them ever since. So, it sounds like they fared better than your Oakleys!
  • Don't kill me but Rudy project sunglasses.

I've had mine for about a year and used primary during racing and already scratched from road stuff coming into contact with them!

For over £100 aren't very happy with them... Made worse when mates fake Oakley's work just as well and don't steam up..
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners