ALDI Bike Gear on Sale - Thurs 21st Nov.

2»

Comments

• nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Looked at the latest stuff and walked away.Still pleased with the latest softshell and merino from autumn though.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • No base layers at all that I could see. Bought a coupla pairs of socks, they're usually pretty good and this time seem even better. Bought the bib trousers, they'll be fine for Winter shortish rides, but not a great cut and a crappy pad. What else do you expect for 30 squids?
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    a couple of base layer tops bought here. Got loads of use out of the two i bought last year, fitted well, felt comfortable and kept me warm down to 3C cycling. New one is a lot more 'styled' with some silly unnecessary 'technical patches' to make it look hi-tec, but no complaints here for the fit, comfort and price. I've been pleased with the two soft shells I bought last year for winter rides, again comfy, fits good enough and really cost-effective. I think one of the shells was a Lidl, I can't recall now, white and black lighter fabric with zip-off sleeves, definitely more of an autumn/spring jacket but its had great use this year. Is the dearer stuff better at 3 x the price? Maybe but it doesn't have to be for me, I've got good value out of the Aldi stuff and not too precious about getting oil on it or suffering the odd impact falling off at the traffic lights.
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    Got to the Ely branch at about 4:30 in the pm and they just had 2 x small and 3 x medium bib tights left so no joy there;got a base layer top and a couple of pairs of socks,oh and a packet of mince pies(which were yum!).
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • oldbazza wrote:
    Got to the Ely branch at about 4:30 in the pm and they just had 2 x small and 3 x medium bib tights left so no joy there;got a base layer top and a couple of pairs of socks,oh and a packet of mince pies(which were yum!).

Cambridge has loads of stuff as of yesterday afternoon. not much interest in it when I was in there. Picked up two pairs of socks but that was it.
  • Ok, just a quick heads up on ALDI's cycling stuff. I went into my local store this afternoon for a jar of coffee and unbelievably they still had a few of the blue and red winter cycling jackets in that they had for sale originally in September. So i picked one of the red ones up in small to go with my blue one that i already have..... and it was half price. I got it for £8.99 which is a bargain.

Check your local stores cos it seems they might also be selling some old stock off.
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • porker33
    porker33 Posts: 636
    They can be a bit random with their pricing, I was in a branch new years eve before last, not looking at the cycling gear and picked up a jacket and socks for 50p each...both still in use today!
  • Ok, just a quick heads up on ALDI's cycling stuff. I went into my local store this afternoon for a jar of coffee and unbelievably they still had a few of the blue and red winter cycling jackets in that they had for sale originally in September. So i picked one of the red ones up in small to go with my blue one that i already have..... and it was half price. I got it for £8.99 which is a bargain.

Check your local stores cos it seems they might also be selling some old stock off.

Yep. My local store has dropped prices and still has stock of various items. Tool kit half price, mud-guards from £6 to 99p, spoke reflectors half price. New range still full priced.
  • Telford Aldi is full of the Performance first sold in early December.