Hope Lemon( New pic on page 4 26/03/2014.

Comments

• Matt-r8
    Matt-r8 Posts: 298
    They're V2's. Black M4's with green bore caps and the green adjusters on the levers. If you've just come to pick fault, feel free to give hope a call and ask them all about it. This bike is number 18.
    2013's have a black frame, but green hubs and brakes. Look great, but you can have too much green.
  • Matt-r8
    Fitted the grips and pedals. Was planning on fitting bash guard as well this weekend, but been max'd out, and the garage is freezing.
  • Matt-r8 wrote:
    Fitted the grips and pedals. Was planning on fitting bash guard as well this weekend, but been max'd out, and the garage is freezing.

Bike swap??? :wink:
  • Matt-r8
    If you were serious, I'd consider lol. Alpine looks mint.
  • Wouldn't swap my alpine for two alpines for it is my alpine and it is nothing without me and I am nothing without my alpine.
    :wink:
    I would like to own you're bike aswell though, and seeing as though christmas is four weeks away you might as well get that one out the way. One less to worry about. :wink:
  • Matt-r8
    Seems only logical. It is nice, I really don't understand all the stuff about crap welds and paint. The paint is so good, seems to have depth to it, if you get what I mean. You want crap paint, you just have to look at my Cove. Absolutely shocking for the price, but that is also an amazing bike. I love it, but want Fox 36 for that.
  • It puzzles me the paint on mine is consistent no pale or thin bits no missed bits or chips. Apart from the one I caused the other day nearly cried :( even though its barely noticeable. And it was one hell of a crash onto a railing so its durable as well .On the welds I'm no welder so wouldn't like to say but they seem straight and not excessive and I wouldn't call them ugly. They just look like welds tbh :lol:
  • To some oranges up I think would be to say they are bike marmite. And im a lover of them cant stand marmite though. There is a lot of excessive selective comments however but kids are kids :lol:
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    shocked you don't have more green bits on your hope factory snot bike :lol:

I do have a soft spot for orange bikes - looks quite smart with the hope gear.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    POAH wrote:
    I do have a soft spot for orange bikes

It's green. :wink:
  • Matt-r8
    I know what you're saying about he green parts, but with the frame being so green anyway, maybe green hubs etc would be over kill. Green centers on the rotors would look pretty cool though. Might have to be my next purchase after shocks and upgrading the chain set.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    Don't you think you look like a bit of a knob riding a bike which is clearly for sponsored/team riders only?
  • poah
    compo wrote:
    Don't you think you look like a bit of a knob riding a bike which is clearly for sponsored/team riders only?

a lot less than you look for making that comment I would imagine :roll:
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    compo wrote:

Is it for sponsored riders only? Thoght it was a limited addition? even so no more of a knob than someone riding with a team jersey or branded helmet. jesus some people!

I am toying with buying with one of these myself currently. Just not sure i can justify the extra expense.
  • @lexD
    @lexD Posts: 340
    compo wrote:

Don't think there's any need for that. :roll:

I think it set sets it apart from the other orange (green)fives out there and will always be sort after if Matt decides to sell on. For what it is worth i would like to own one purely as it is the best colour and I like the rarity aspect. I bet this will be a talking point with other riders out on the trail from a social point of view also. You comment wouldn't even enter my mind.

Nice bike Matt looking forward to see how you develop it.
  • Matt-r8
    Thanks for sticking up for me, I was feeling bullied and intimidated, and lay awake last night wondering if people thought I was a knob because of my bike. Then I remembered, I don't actually give a fuck if they do :). I drive a BMW and ride an Orange 5, probably din't need the Hope decals for small minded people (compo) to think I'm a knob anyway.

To everyone else, thanks for the kind comments.
  • poah
    Matt-r8 wrote:
    Thanks for sticking up for me, I was feeling bullied and intimidated, and lay awake last night wondering if people thought I was a knob because of my bike. Then I remembered, I don't actually give a fark if they do :). I drive a BMW and ride an Orange 5, probably din't need the Hope decals for small minded people (compo) to think I'm a knob anyway.

To everyone else, thanks for the kind comments.

what does your boyfriend ride apart from your ass :lol:
  • Matt-r8
    We take it in turns on your missus ;)
  • poah
    Matt-r8 wrote:
    We take it in turns on your missus ;)

saves me doing it :lol:
  • Matt-r8
    :D:D
  • Matt-r8
    Decals not laquered, but off up the chase tomorrow morning for it's maiden voyage. Roughly set up sag and rebound, but can play about with that a little out on the trail. Gonna be a muddy mess :)
  • Matt-r8
    Decals not laquered, but off up the chase tomorrow morning for it's maiden voyage. Roughly set up sag and rebound, but can play about with that a little out on the trail. Gonna be a muddy mess :)
  • Matt-r8
    Simply awesome. Can't really comment on it's climbing abilities as I'm unfit and slow anyway, but point it downhill and it's brilliant. Easy to flick from corner to corner. Felt a little loose on accession, but was running too high a tyre pressure on worn Maxxos Advantage rubber. Very, very happy with my purchase. Also had a little go on a Mondrsker Foxy xr. It looks really nice and I love the Crank Brothers wheels. Wasn't keen on the ride myself though, but it did have a direct mount handlebar stem, so that may have been the issue for me.. Still, nice little ride out round Cannock Chase.

Hope F20's aren't a patch on DMR Vaults. Lost my footing several times today. Maybe longer pins are needed?
  • Matt-r8
    Some BIG changes coming over the next week. Pics to follow.
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    Really nice bike dude!!
    Can't wait too see what else happens in accordance to the big changed that are due.. :)
  • Matt-r8
    Thanks. I really like it, hopefully the changes will make it even better. Most parts are ready, just have to wait 2 weeks for the special delivery from Cane Creek :)
  • Matt-r8
    Mavic Crosstrails Enduros ordered as well.
    Take a few evenings for me to get it al built up though, when the parts arrive.
  • Matt-r8 wrote:
    Mavic Crosstrails Enduros ordered as well.
    Take a few evenings for me to get it al built up though, when the parts arrive.

Nice but so many better options out there IMHO.
  • Matt-r8
    Probably. I'm running Hope hubs with Stan's glow rims on my other bike, and they're really good. Just thought I'd try Mavics.
  • Matt-r8
    So far, so good. got to sort the gear out and then get it set up properly. Still waiting for the new rear shock.