Jeans that fit

badgerbeaver
badgerbeaver Posts: 102
edited November 2013 in The cake stop
Where do you get jeans that fit and look good?

I am 32 waist 34 leg

I dont have enormous thighs compared to many cyclists but for example Levis 501s just dont fit. Am having to wear much bigger waist size.

Can anyone recommend some jeans?

Comments

• mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    http://www.nudiejeans.com/stores/nudie-jeans-repair-shop-soho/

I have skinny enduro legs - H&M fit me a treat!
    Insert bike here:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154

I am 32 waist 34 leg

I dont have enormous thighs compared to many cyclists but for example Levis 501s just dont fit. Am having to wear much bigger waist size.

Let me know when you find out - I am the same size and have the same issue, it seems a relatively modern phenomenon though. On most of my jeans the thighs are bordering on uncomfortable whilst the waist is too loose, the thighs are what stops them falling down (I'd love to believe that my waist is smaller than 32" but a tape measure suggests otherwise!).
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Me 32/34 too... I rarely wear trousers of any kind these days because they are so uncomfortable. Mainly board pants or three quarter length shorts
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    If you look on the websites, most brands make jeans in many sizes that don't ever appear in shops (especially the US brands). Try looking there or finding a shop that has the whole range in. For example I'm a short arse and need a 30in leg, but I can't find anything in NL less than 34, whereas all I can find in the UK is 32. I found one shop in NL in a thoroughly unremarkable shopping centre that did the full range of Wrangler jeans and I bought 3 pairs at once! Finally I don't look like a skater punk anymore (which I'm kind of depressed about but...)

Levis make about 20 different cuts for men for example...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625

I am 32 waist 34 leg

I'm a 32 waist (and shrinking 8)) 34 leg and have had a lot of problems in the past. So many places have jeans labeled as 34 leg which turn out to be ankle swingers.

What age bracket are you? River Island are pretty good for looks/value, if you can find a style without too many rips. Although sometimes their stock can be a little short for my legs. Diesel jeans look good but you won't find many pairs for under £100.

I quite often have to try 10 pairs before I find one that fits nicely.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Me 32/34 too... I rarely wear trousers of any kind these days because they are so uncomfortable. Mainly board pants or three quarter length shorts

You have to keep up the beach bum image hey Mikey :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Jeans are passe after a certain age* so I wont recommend current brands but you want to look for brands that do models in "comfort fit".

I plan to age gracefully but act disgracefully.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    seanoconn wrote:

I am 32 waist 34 leg

I'm a 32 waist (and shrinking 8)) 34 leg and have had a lot of problems in the past. So many places have jeans labeled as 34 leg which turn out to be ankle swingers.

What age bracket are you? River Island are pretty good for looks/value, if you can find a style without too many rips. Although sometimes their stock can be a little short for my legs. Diesel jeans look good but you won't find many pairs for under £100.

Sean 'Does my bum look big in these' Oconn :lol:
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    I'm on Timberland now - their stuff just fits me. Plenty of room in the thighs and nice understated style. Not cheap though at about £70 but they are well made.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • seanoconn
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

I am 32 waist 34 leg

Need a big bum to balance out what I'm packing at the front.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Just use lighter socks...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

I am 32 waist 34 leg

Need a big bum to balance out what I'm packing at the front.

Surely better to just work at making your gut / moobs smaller in that case?
  • seanoconn
    Package envy.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I was shopping last night and found some XXL skinny fit jeans.
    I couldn't work it out.
    Living MY dream.
  • seanoconn
    VTech wrote:
    I was shopping last night and found some XXL skinny fit jeans.
    I couldn't work it out.
    Don't get me started on skinny jeans for men! Or worse, skinny jean roll ups/ 3/4 length!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Buy a size bigger and sew the waist in an inch on either side.

Or get a belt.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    In the US you get odd sizes which has been perfect for me with a 35" waist.
    Now on 34.
    Living MY dream.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408

I am 32 waist 34 leg

I'm the same size and swear by Levi's 512 jeans. They're a slim-ish boot cut and fit really well. With your measurements, the cut of 501s will only look daft on you. The 512 is the 501 for longer legged people.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Levi's 501

No other jeans are ever required.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    crispybug2 wrote:
    Levi's 501

Unless you're tall and slim.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • you lot must have some odd bulges...im 32/34 when fit, 34/34 when im being a lazy slob like i am now, that said my suit trousers this week are 34 and have been a struggle, but exercise starts again tomorrow, anyhoo much like r corbett i digress, just ive never had issues with diesel, boss, g star, gap. some of them are pricey and admittedly i, on occasion, where jeans with my a rse hanging out and briefs on show, but they all fit without issue...some cuts of g star are a bit iffy mind. these days you tend to find me in mustard or red trousers rather than jeans though, tucked into the top of boots orwith some bjorn borg converse styley shoes.
  • VTech wrote:
    In the US you get odd sizes which has been perfect for me with a 35" waist.
    Now on 34.

dont get me started on US sizing

on a trip with some m8s a ouple of years ago we did a fair bit of shopping, and i was taking small in ralph lauren polos, over here thats the equivalent of a large, and as i prefer a slightly tighter fit i go medium over here a lot of the time, the us small was way bigger than that. one of my m8s with me at the time who is about 5.8 and fit, was buying large boys!! (size)

i mistakenly bought my old man a large golf polo and it was mahoosive when i gave it him, and hes usually a l or xl.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Having been the same 29-30" waist and 32 leg in jeans for the last 50 years (altho' my waist has seemingly moved a little upwards!) and liking the same tightish fit as always, after some searching and some wasted expenditure I found to my dismay that mid range TESCO (oh dear) the best choice. Oh for the days when one just bought Levis - so many styles now that I get confused and leave the shop....
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • pipipi
    pipipi Posts: 332
    I don't where else they are but Uniqlo or uniglo are at Bluewater and they do lots of waist sizes 30,31,32,33,34,35. They weren't too expensive, definitely less than £40.
    But for really cheap, £10, then try Primark
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    crispybug2 wrote:
    Levi's 501

Wish they wouldn't mess with them quite so often, though - the cut definitely changes over time. I should probably stock up on the current version, which fits me quite well, before they make them annoyingly baggy again like the previous style:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Levi ... 551522.php
  • Yet another 32/24 here, and found SOME Primark 'slim fit' to be good, if you can bear to lower yourself into that frightful pit of working classedness

Wow is like to see a pic of u!
  • Yet another 32/24 here, and found SOME Primark 'slim fit' to be good, if you can bear to lower yourself into that frightful pit of working classedness

Such little. So proportional

What's wrong with primark?
  • DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285
    “What's wrong with primark?”

Much like small-town TK-Maxx/Aldi/ pound stores it has the “smell of poverty”. I wasn’t aware such a specific smell existed until it was pointed out by a friend; image that an old sofa has been left outside until the rot is just setting in, then brought in and hidden somewhere in-store.

I say that while sitting in a Primark jumper - washed before wearing.
  • seanoconn
    Primark are ok if you're just looking for value but they don't look good. Jeans that price are too stiff and a little naff.
  • I have no knowledge of primark so had no idea. I tend to buy jeans in the online sales around this time if year, can get some bargains. That said I avoid shopping as much as possible and stock up whenever I go to us, as it's so much cheaper.