Europcar / Veilleux

2»

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Good interview with Veilleux here: http://www.cyclinginquisition.com/2013/10/mechanical-engineering-advanced.html

Just seems that he wasn't consumed with the sport completely, and wanted a life after it.

Thanks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    andyp wrote:
    Just fyi, just because you have an srm on your bike it doesnt mean you have to display power (it does a lot more than just that), or look at it, or use it, and in fact some riders have it on the bars but no set up on the back wheel so it cant actually show power.

You don't have come up with some tosh sometimes. A SRM Powercontrol is a bit expensive for a bike computer, a Garmin is considerably cheaper and has the added advantage of supporting GPS.

It's paid sponsership, visible advertising. Then affluent middle aged guys go out and buy the twoddle.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Nice photos thanks for posting. The 4th one is right click save. Looking chubby in the 5th.

Just fyi, just because you have an srm on your bike it doesnt mean you have to display power (it does a lot more than just that), or look at it, or use it, and in fact some riders have it on the bars but no set up on the back wheel so it cant actually show power.

You're right about the 5th one, no idea what's going on.

I did say that in the other thread and I'm sure I was shot down. I'm of the opinion that power means very little to a rider whilst riding the bike.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Back to the OP, It's a meaningless anecdote of an article. Have Europcar underperformed in the last 4-5 years? I would say not. If Vellieux felt he was being held back by his teams methods wouldn't he just switch teams - he is probably good enough to attract offers - rather than retire?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]