Logging in problems

2»

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    perhaps they're shirkin' :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • If it helps I'm happy to donate my login to seve.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Someone got a an old oil barrel, wood, paper, a grill of sorts and some sausages?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    If it helps I'm happy to donate my login to seve.
    How did you know I was good at golf?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Where's those bloody sausages?...and we need a flask or two of tea, this is going to be a long haul.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Where's those bloody sausages?...and we need a flask or two of tea, this is going to be a long haul.

Let's start singing. Got any good protest songs?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Ballysmate wrote:

Let's start singing. Got any good protest songs?

I'm not too far from Greenham Common, I could spin over there tomorrow and see if there's any hippy types in old Bedford vans that I could rustle up if you like.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    STC can bring his Billy Bragg LP collection.
  • I finally got some time to investigate and found the cause of my 'ban'. It seemed to be related to the SQUID proxy I have for web browsing and the forwarded_for directive. Setting this directive to 'delete' allowed me to access the forum.

Not sure what has changed in the forum side to make this change necessary, nor if anyone else has a similar setup to myself but perhaps it will help someone! :)
  • Stevo_666
    I can now log in at work - thanks to those that helped get it sorted. My work productivity is now going downhill fast :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    guess what it was not the IP you said it was...... but was the one i had unbanned before. the IT people have done some magic that seems to have fixed it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Stevo_666
    nicklouse wrote:
    guess what it was not the IP you said it was...... but was the one i had unbanned before. the IT people have done some magic that seems to have fixed it.
    Wierd - not sure I ever understood what was wrong. Anyhow, ta for helping sort it.
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    The site is awful on an iPad (iOS 7). The log in in screen only works if you access it via the "Join" button. The response to pressing keys on the log in screen lags and the log in screen reappears randomly when using both site and forum and needs to be cleared as the rest of the site us greyed out when the login decides to make an appearance.
    None of this happens on OS Maverick, why does iOS 7 cause such havoc?
  • morepower
    morepower Posts: 140
    Having a nightmare logging on the forum... The main site shows me as logged in but the forum does not. It takes possibly 10 attempts to log in and I have tried to log out of the main page then log in again. Sometimes it works other times it doesnt... Anyone else having problems recently??? Getting really annoying.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    morepower wrote:
    Having a nightmare logging on the forum... The main site shows me as logged in but the forum does not. It takes possibly 10 attempts to log in and I have tried to log out of the main page then log in again. Sometimes it works other times it doesnt... Anyone else having problems recently??? Getting really annoying.
    What operating system and browser?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • morepower
    morepower Posts: 140
    nicklouse wrote:
    morepower wrote:
    What operating system and browser?

Windows 7 and chrome... Not had a problem up until recently..... So something has changed somewhere.... I even tried waiting until the adverts load before logging on....
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I have the same problems with Chrome, Safari and i believe IE7. It says i am logged on but whenever i click on new forum posts it brings me right back to login page. its really annoying!
  • I can log in via the social media links but not through my username and password, when i try to reset my password it wants the email address I set up the account with and haven't used for years, if only the forum would work for me on Firefox as the password is saved on there and I could then amend the email address.
    AC :(
    Carrera Fury for the muddy stuff
    Boardman Road Team for the black stuff
    PDQ for the TT stuff