Logging in problems

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,196
Stevo 666 cannot login. Is there a problem with the site or has he been banned?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    sounds like he has problems at his end. he has not yet been banned.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    I'm back :)

Must be a problem with logging in using whatever version of IE my work PC is running.

'Yet'.....?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm back :)

Must be a problem with logging in using whatever version of IE my work PC is running.

'Yet'.....?

Yes, I picked up on that bit too, think Nick's threatening you :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    This is confusing. I'm clearly not banned as I'm here posting - no problems logging in on the home pc and phone. When I try to log in from work it says there is an IP ban on the IP address. So cannot log in at all from work. Presumably IP bans are done by The forum so this must be some sort of error?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    This is confusing. I'm clearly not banned as I'm here posting - no problems logging in on the home pc and phone. When I try to log in from work it says there is an IP ban on the IP address. So cannot log in at all from work. Presumably IP bans are done by The forum so this must be some sort of error?

Is that not your work banning this place?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • nicklouse
    we are having some issues with a few users with similar issues. I am thinking it is something to do with way you are routed to the forum. if you could mail me your IPs when you cant access the forum then we can have a look.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Stevo_666
    nicklouse wrote:
    we are having some issues with a few users with similar issues. I am thinking it is something to do with way you are routed to the forum. if you could mail me your IPs when you cant access the forum then we can have a look.
    Thanks Nick - one thicky question: how do I find out the work IP addy without asking the IT bods at work IT? As they'll want to know why I'm asking then they might think about blocking it... Also, am not in the country just now so may need to do it later in the week when back inthe office.

@Arran - nope, this is a Bikeradar site message, I think only the forum can ban your IP from a site. If it was work it comes up with a completely different looking message and the category of offending website - like cars or gambling.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    Thanks Nick - one thicky question: how do I find out the work IP addy without asking the IT bods at work IT? As they'll want to know why I'm asking then they might think about blocking it... Also, am not in the country just now so may need to do it later in the week when back inthe office.

@Arran - nope, this is a Bikeradar site message, I think only the forum can ban your IP from a site. If it was work it comes up with a completely different looking message and the category of offending website - like cars or gambling.

Bikeradar, cars and gambling - all while you're at work? Brilliant shirking mate, well done.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

Bikeradar, cars and gambling - all while you're at work? Brilliant shirking mate, well done.
    A 'friend' got those messages :P

Although a bit rich coming from the the man who spends his working days painting chemical lavvys....
  • nicklouse
    check your Email.
  • Stevo_666
    Still getting the message that I'm IP banned when I try to access the forum at work - when is this going to get looked at?
  • Stevo_666
    Still can't log in at work - this is getting silly. Is anyone trying to fix the problem? I gave Nicklouse plenty of info which he has passed on.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Still can't log in at work - this is getting silly. Is anyone trying to fix the problem? I gave Nicklouse plenty of info which he has passed on.

Don't fix it mods - he will only use it as an excuse to shirk. :wink:
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:

No they're working on sorting out the advertising issues first :lol:

seanoconn
  • I also have this problem, but can only access the site from work - I am "banned" from my home. Perhaps my wife has been speaking to the admins...?
  • Stevo_666
    Glad to know I'm not the only one - seems like a general problem that needs solving. So....

@Pinnarello and Arran - stop bl00dy stirring you gits :mrgreen:
  • arran77
    Thank goodness it's daytime again, no more Stevo until this evening :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    You miss me really...
  • fnq59
    fnq59 Posts: 37
    I have been locked out from home too, run Apple Safari, but yet can get it at work??
  • pinno
    Come on mods - sort it out, it's bloody dull in here in the afternoon sometimes, we need more shirkers posting.
  • nicklouse
    i has been passed on and will be dealt with when it is done so.
  • arran77
    Don't hold your breath stevo :lol:

The days are more dull at the moment though!

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    I was downhilling in Wales today so was doing some proper shirking :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That's clever - you managed to go downhill without going uphill. Surely Nicklouse would be so impressed with that, he would sort your problem out.
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That's clever - you managed to go downhill without going uphill. Surely Nicklouse would be so impressed with that, he would sort your problem out.

You're practically one of them now Stevo :P

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    They're called uplift days....roadies wouldn't understand :wink:
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You'd be surprised :wink:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I know you have embraced The Dark Side :)
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I know you have embraced The Dark Side :)

It's where I started 8)

seanoconn
  • pinno
    There does not seem to be a lot of action from the mods, is this turning out to be some sort of vigil?