First time falling off the bike :(

2»

Comments

• Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Well I've not fallen off yet (on the road bike :oops: ) and I don't mind telling you I don't fancy it at all!
    I've been working on the principal that it will never happen, in the hope that if and when it does I won't be expecting it until it's too late.
  • Haha! Thanks for the laugh, especially re knowing what it feels like now. I do have a pic taken a few minutes after it happened but as it shows exactly how pathetic my injuries were I'm not sharing. :P
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    Soz..

Still boggling at the injustice... When I texted missus about my off, she didn't pick it up till 20 days later...

Not only did he come out to rescue me, but later on that evening I realised I'd lost the cap off the end of my handlebar. It was the original one with the Whyte stag-head logo. I was gutted and MrTeapot went back out there in the dark and found it for me at the side of the road. :D
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    When most people talk abut safety gear they say "helmet". I say "helmetandgloves".
    Gloves have saved my hands from a skinning more than once. Hand injuries are really painful, disabling and slow to heal and most of the injury is preventable.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Agreed, my injuries would have been a lot worse if my gloves hadn't taken the first hit...

@pt... I think this was a phone issue, or so she tells me! And she did have to drive over 100 miles round trip after a days teaching to visit me and take my bike home, and the next day to take me home, so I can't really complain can I! And the hospital did put an identity wrist tag on my bike and stored it safely in a cupboard for me... So bless them all...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,373
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Agreed, my injuries would...
    And the hospital did put an identity wrist tag on my bike and stored it safely in a cupboard for me... So bless them all...

It was only an Orbea - I mean the identity tag was so that they made sure you were going to get the bloody thing back and not some other poor basket.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!