Saloon Car Track Days

2»

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Find out how much driving the experience actually offers. I did a Porsche experience and got 5 laps of a circuit. The instructor did one with me in the passenger seat, then I did four. By the time I felt comfortable in the car to start pushing it, it was all over. I was disappointed but not as much as my other half who had brought me the experience as a gift.
    Similar here, but with the additional bother on mine that the briefing talked about the importance of something or other each time you change cars and to remember it all on your final full-bore laps. It was a big part of the briefing, so I did the four laps not going mad - didn't want to get marked down as a nutter and miss out on the proper go later - then found out that the four laps was my trackday - four not hugely quick laps in the Ferrari, plus another lap sitting in a Lotus next to some youth who wasn't even as quick as my oppo who I used to go rallying with. :evil:

Be clear what you've paid for, and what you can expect.
  • oi vtech!
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    team47b wrote:
    True altruism is always anonymous - I think that is all that Matt was suggesting, I can't see the problem with that.

I also see that some seek rewards for what they do, I can't see the problem with that either.

Pretending to be one but actually being the other is where the problem lies.

I dont really care how it looks and certainly wouldnt look for approval to offer help to anyone.
    All that matters is that I am happy with what I do.

I do think you get what you put in, im currently sat on the beach in athens having lunch during a break from tuning some new Ferrari turbo conversions, so sitting in the sun whilst eating good food with great people as I watch my kids playing in the park is my reward.
    Living MY dream.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    edited October 2013
    VTech wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    An incredibly generous offer, chapeau, but somewhat sullied by the fact that you had to broadcast it. As the OP made contact in a PM, why not reply with this offer in a PM ?

Oh yeah...... No one else would know about it.
    Silly me !

I dunno, some people...tut tut tut...

It's time for those psychiatry sessions Matt. I'm sure you can get a group discount :D

Well with Schizophrenia you are never lonely. You always have someone to talk to.

The guy needs help, can you imagine living in a world where you were so paranoid that you really thought everyone did things just for their own benefit :mrgreen:
    In the same world this same guy would also follow certain people on an internet forum and cause trouble at every opportunity :?

Ohh, hang on, this is reality. !

Seriously though, I think he needs help, I would gladly offer an olive branch to get us back on track so to speak, how about a meet up and a pint MattC59 ?

Or a world where someone thinks he's being followed on an Internet forum :roll:
    Have a look at your threads and the number that I'm involved with. You'll note that in general I don't bother with your threads as I can't be bothered with the incessant, ill informed horse sh!t that you seem so fond of spouting.

Anyway, that aside, about that olive branch ? If I accepted and took one for the team, would it result in an end to the afore mentioned horse sh!t and constant spouting on about your wonderful life style ?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • oi vtech!

when you in vegas next, soon isnt it?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    MattC59 wrote:
    VTech wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    An incredibly generous offer, chapeau, but somewhat sullied by the fact that you had to broadcast it. As the OP made contact in a PM, why not reply with this offer in a PM ?

Oh yeah...... No one else would know about it.
    Silly me !

I dunno, some people...tut tut tut...

It's time for those psychiatry sessions Matt. I'm sure you can get a group discount :D

Well with Schizophrenia you are never lonely. You always have someone to talk to.

The guy needs help, can you imagine living in a world where you were so paranoid that you really thought everyone did things just for their own benefit :mrgreen:
    In the same world this same guy would also follow certain people on an internet forum and cause trouble at every opportunity :?

Ohh, hang on, this is reality. !

Seriously though, I think he needs help, I would gladly offer an olive branch to get us back on track so to speak, how about a meet up and a pint MattC59 ?

Or a world where someone thinks he's being followed on an Internet forum :roll:
    Have a look at your threads and the number that I'm involved with. You'll note that in general I don't bother with your threads as I can't be bothered with the incessant, I'll informed horse sh!t that you seem so fond of spouting.

Anyway, that aside, about that olive branch ? If I accepted and took one for the team, would it result in an end to the afore mentioned horse sh!t and constant spouting on about your wonderful life style ?

Unlikely :lol:

:wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • To OP, if you haven't got yourself sorted, you might want to look on a site called Lotus on Track, which is run by a chap called Paul Golding. There was an instructor that used to work on some of his days called Ben, who was a fantastic instructor and a really good communicator (he fabricated carbon parts for an F1 team from memory as he 'real' job). Anyway, Ben set up a driver training experience where you could use his Elise on track, which might be an option.

Other than that, you might also want to speak to Andy Walsh ('Walshy' as usually referred to) at carlimits.com who runs driver training days at North Weald and again, is an excellent instructor (and racer - he used to test for Renault as I recall).

I am not affiliated to either of the above, but have done upwards of 30 track days through Lotus on Track and would be happy to recommend either of the guys above.

Hope that helps.

Matt
  • arran77
    mattyarse wrote:
    To OP, if you haven't got yourself sorted, you might want to look on a site called Lotus on Track, which is run by a chap called Paul Golding. There was an instructor that used to work on some of his days called Ben, who was a fantastic instructor and a really good communicator (he fabricated carbon parts for an F1 team from memory as he 'real' job). Anyway, Ben set up a driver training experience where you could use his Elise on track, which might be an option.

Other than that, you might also want to speak to Andy Walsh ('Walshy' as usually referred to) at carlimits.com who runs driver training days at North Weald and again, is an excellent instructor (and racer - he used to test for Renault as I recall).

I am not affiliated to either of the above, but have done upwards of 30 track days through Lotus on Track and would be happy to recommend either of the guys above.

Hope that helps.

Matt

It's V :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • For vendetta? Man that guys gets about.

Oh, and at all the green eyed monsters - shame on you all. I bet you get all uppity at people with Dogmas as well?
  • arran77
    For vendetta? Man that guys gets about.

Oh, and at all the green eyed monsters - shame on you all. I bet you get all uppity at people with Dogmas as well?

Only the dentists in Sky kit :wink:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Our local dentist has jerseys made for his practice, last year's had a drawing of a giant extracted molar on it, made me wonder what would happen if the Vet decides to take up cycling... :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Thanks Matty, all advice appreciated (whilst ignoring the sad, but entirely predictable, contributions to this thread)

Ken
    mattyarse wrote:
    To OP, if you haven't got yourself sorted, you might want to look on a site called Lotus on Track, which is run by a chap called Paul Golding. There was an instructor that used to work on some of his days called Ben, who was a fantastic instructor and a really good communicator (he fabricated carbon parts for an F1 team from memory as he 'real' job). Anyway, Ben set up a driver training experience where you could use his Elise on track, which might be an option.

Hope that helps.

Matt
  • I hardly think my contwibution was sad, or even pwedictable
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    I hardly think my contwibution was sad, or even pwedictable

Who said it was? :wink:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Lucan2 wrote:
    whilst ignoring the sad, but entirely predictable, contributions to this thread

Must be really annoying other people using your internet.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    For...

No. I have a Wilier - made in Italy.
    I also have a Pinarello - made in Italy*.

*Bought before they shifted the production of their frames to Taipot and before I had the sense to change my username to Apollo001.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!