Colnago Extreme POWER! Update pg 3

Comments

• Sodafarl
    Sodafarl Posts: 118
    A lovely bike, a beautiful paint job.
  • Simonhi
    Simonhi Posts: 229
    If I had a carbon bike it would be one of these.

I woudl then have to channel my inner Tommy V and start hanging my tongue out at every oppurtunity.

Seriously sweet ride NapD, loving the classic level top tube geometry mixed with modern parts.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Very Nice nap,deda stem will look tops :wink:
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    no pedals, leaning up against a tree, cranks not level... tsk ;)

VERY nice
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Cheers. Last few bits should be arriving in the next couple if days so should be built up at the weekend :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Apart from the paint job it looks remarkably similar to my old pig-iron Raleigh ;-)
  • napoleond
    bompington wrote:
    Apart from the paint job it looks remarkably similar to my old pig-iron Raleigh ;-)

Hmmmm. It *did* feel incredibly heavy when I got it out of the box... And I didn't think colnago put bolts on the front fork for a front light attachment but I just assumed this one did...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • djhermer
    djhermer Posts: 328
    It's a beautiful thing. Well done. It makes me want to revisit my Extreme C build....I don't think i've done the frame justice compared to yours. Perhaps it's the Campag....
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Nap, that is gorgeous, one of my favourite colours as well, I wish Colnago would do classic colours like that again, simply gorgeous Mate. 8) :D
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    They have done some classic colours but they are normally special order or ltd ed.

The st02 c59 was nice.

234-scaled1000.jpg
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Evil Laugh wrote:
    They have done some classic colours but they are normally special order or ltd ed.

The st02 c59 was nice.

234-scaled1000.jpg

Hmm, so they can still do custom colours?

I hear they no longer do resprays now, something to do with guaranteeing the integrity of the frame :(

I love the Tri Coloured frames as well.
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Velonutter wrote:
    Evil Laugh wrote:

The st02 c59 was nice.

234-scaled1000.jpg

Hmm, so they can still do custom colours?

I hear they no longer do resprays now, something to do with guaranteeing the integrity of the frame :(

I love the Tri Coloured frames as well.

That's a shame about the respraying. Would be nice to be able to have it re done if it stands the test of time.
  • limoneboy
    limoneboy Posts: 480
    Lovely bike

Where did you get those invisible cables from ? :D
    last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1
  • napoleond
    limoneboy wrote:
    Lovely bike

Where did you get those invisible cables from ? :D
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Need to fit chain, cables, tape too.
    I also have some Wheelsmith carbon tubs- 50mm gigantex rims, pmp hubs, cx ray spokes.

;)
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    Things are starting to come together.

Cables, stem, headset have arrived. Just waiting on a couple more little things before it gets built fully.

Also got a pair of Wheelsmith Race 50 wheels to use. They are 23mm wide rim and I'll be using Vittoria Pave tubs on them. Looking forward to seeing how they ride compared to my normal width Wheelsmith wheels. They are a fantastic build but *ahem* the aesthetic is not quite to my liking. If I could I'd be removing the decals...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Did you get the new 25mm pave tubs?

I've been using them and the clincher version this summer. So, so nice.
  • napoleond
    No, the 24s on offer at PX for 35 quid!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    Ready to roll for its maiden voyage...

787E7D37-A114-458A-9843-4F94725C59B0-4638-0000065E27A03F82_zps31aa6b29.jpg

Will tweak the front end but should be spot on. As I get more flexibility back the front end should drop a fair bit.

With some tubs on-

89A61E40-0FAD-47CB-8DDC-2C2817298F88-4711-0000066E92621FA8_zps23abdaae.jpg
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Stunning. With the front slammed it will be absolutely perfect. Can you do that anyway just to show what it looks like? Nice back drop too with the autumn colours to the fore. looks much better with the 50mm tubs.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks excellent especially with the tubs.
  • napoleond
    Cheers, got a lot of work to do on my back now I'm riding more consistently, but the Tom Danoelson core book is really speeding things up.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • How are you finding those Wheelsmith tubs? A good review would be useful I might consider investing.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • napoleond
    Them ones? Freaking fantastic. I rate them higher than the Zipps and Bora Ultra 2 I had.
    They aren't the lightest due to the PMP hubs but they roll so well, are really stiff and bloody fast. You don't notice the hub weight. Also- highly serviceable!

However, I've also got some Race 50s I've yet to try, 23mm wide rim. They are around 1250-1300g. Should be more aero too due to the profile, I'll let you know how I get on. Got 24mm Vittoria Pave Tubs on those. Only thing letting them down are the graphics.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Looks great, as said above with fewer spacers the front would look spot on.

Which reminds me I really need to get started on my build but I'm still happy just admiring the frame at the moment.
  • napoleond
    Looks great, as said above with fewer spacers the front would look spot on.

Which reminds me I really need to get started on my build but I'm still happy just admiring the frame at the moment.

I know, it's not going to happen anytime soon though. Curse of a broken back. I'd rather have classic bars on there too.

I may drop the front end for when I take proper photos though...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    A stunning build. The deep section wheels don't complement it in my opinion. A nice pair of low profile, gunmetal/black alloy tubs would be my choice. It's your bike though, so whatever works for you.

Always nice to see someone get the chance to build their dream bike.

Rob
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    fantastic, esp with deep rims
  • napoleond
    Ber Nard wrote:
    A stunning build. The deep section wheels don't complement it in my opinion. A nice pair of low profile, gunmetal/black alloy tubs would be my choice. It's your bike though, so whatever works for you.

Always nice to see someone get the chance to build their dream bike.

Rob

I agree. I'll be getting some Nemesis built up after Christmas.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • bucks
    bucks Posts: 91
    The frame looks much better with shallow wheels and gumwall tyres... absolutely stunning.

I really hate the look of deep wheels 90% of the time, even if they are "better".
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I too prefer the first pic with the shallower rims / tanwall tyres.

And in the second I've noticed someone's nicked your car. Quick, phone the police! Blimey, that was a rapid response :D