Favourite Viz Characters

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    ....and not forgetting Buster Gonad

BusterGonad.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    and

johnny%20fart.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRolb-S5qtPdKGoyLSss6-8N-y5IFTEzvFP3t17hD0PKBCW1967WA

Another vote for The Pathetic Sharks ( &Back Bag).
  • Stevo_666
    If only this really existed - sigh...

Wife%20Trader.jpg
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Cracking magazine, ahead of its time.

One my favourite one-offs was topless skateboarding nuns
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/combomphotos/5459415123/
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    If only this really existed - sigh...

Wife%20Trader.jpg

:D
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Obviously being a big Muttley fan, my personal favourite was " Wacky rascists"

David Irving and Mosley aka Dick Dastardly and Muttley

Adolf Hitler and the Meinkampfer van

think Eugeune Terre Blanche was in there somewhere?

But was never a fan of Timmy Timpson a.k.a "Spoilt bastard" for similar reasons as Enfield's "Nice but dim "
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    tumblr_lc5esyog7i1qeodf5.jpg

Funny stuff on here but cor did i laugh seeing that one,i think it was the thermos and the reich of way that got me,cheers for that.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    GIRLS. Get those old 70s bell-bottoms from the wardrobe, cut the legs off and sew them back on upside down. They will then fit you once more.
    Andy Balkham, Wandsworth

FATTIES. Avoid your torso being surreptitiously filmed and used in a BBC News report about Britain's obesity problem by always wearing a T-shirt with 'All Newsreaders are C*nts' written on it.
    J Thorn, Hexham
  • Stevo_666
    How can I forget this one, living near London:

cockney.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    The Brown Bottle. Reminds me of when I lived in the North East :)

brownbottle.jpg
  • BIG VERN was a legend!!!

Is it still going? The last edition I saw was pretty poor to be honest...about 3years ago?
  • Stevo_666
    BIG VERN was a legend!!!

Is it still going? The last edition I saw was pretty poor to be honest...about 3years ago?
    Still going but not what it was in the 80's...

Any one remember Bertie Blunt - His Parrot's a C*** ?
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    BIG VERN was a legend!!!

Still going but not what it was in the 80's...

Any one remember Bertie Blunt - His Parrot's a C*** ?

Certainly do

viz032_bertieblunt.JPG
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    The Thieving Gypsy Bastards strip was inspired genius. I think they got into hot water over it and dropped the strip, as it was very close to the knuckle and deemed offensive.

Still funny as f@*k though!

http://pigeonsnest.co.uk/stuff/thieving ... tards.html
  • Can't believe we've got this far and no-one has mentioned the Bottom Inspectors yet.

Inspired genius and a little bit creepy.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,387
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    How can I forget this one, living near London:

cockney.jpg

Oh yes! Wockney Canker was brilliant
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Baxter Basics

Didn't they get in trouble once with the Romany society for a strip called "The Thieving Gypsy B**tards" or something?

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    Used to go to the gosforth hotel in the late 70s when they would sell the first issues on the door. Wish I'd bought some, think they became worth a few quid
  • Stevo_666
    johnny25 wrote:
    The Thieving Gypsy Bastards strip was inspired genius. I think they got into hot water over it and dropped the strip, as it was very close to the knuckle and deemed offensive.

That was superb :lol: They tried doing a nice gypsy comic strip but it didn't work so they issued an apology. You can just feel the remorse:
    53n7I.png
  • The Drunken Bakers don't appear too often but always crack me up...

DBbrother.jpg
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnny25 wrote:

That was superb :lol: They tried doing a nice gypsy comic strip but it didn't work so they issued an apology. You can just feel the remorse:
    53n7I.png

I'm pretty sure during the kafuffle around the whole thing the guy suing them from the Gypsy Council got caught handling stolen goods.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • joelsim
    CYCLISTS: Avoid getting a sore behind by simply placing a naan bread over your saddle. This will comfort your ride and when you return home, hey presto! A warm snack.

MURDERERS. Need to dispose of a body? Simply parcel it up and post it to yourself via DHL. You will never see it again.

JEREMY BEADLE. When selling DVDs on your TV advert, hold the disks in your bigger hand so that they do not appear to be the size of laser disks.
  • Stevo_666
    Joelsim wrote:
    CYCLISTS: Avoid getting a sore behind by simply placing a naan bread over your saddle. This will comfort your ride and when you return home, hey presto! A warm snack.

MURDERERS. Need to dispose of a body? Simply parcel it up and post it to yourself via DHL. You will never see it again.

JEREMY BEADLE. When selling DVDs on your TV advert, hold the disks in your bigger hand so that they do not appear to be the size of laser disks.
    :lol:
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Can highly recommend the book by editor Chris Donald about Viz - one of those books you can read in a day but it's genuinely funny and a great reminder of just how huge Viz was back then.

511OrxxVDVL.jpg
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    I only saw a couple of Vizs, but I remember a character who had piles and kept getting hit in the arse on the way to the chemist/doctors to get some pile ointment. Was he Nobby something? Anyway, made me laugh until I was almost sick. :lol:

The older I get, the better I was.

• laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,387
    Capt Slog wrote:
    I only saw a couple of Vizs, but I remember a character who had piles and kept getting hit in the ars* on the way to the chemist/doctors to get some pile ointment. Was he Nobby something? Anyway, made me laugh until I was almost sick. :lol:

The strip was called "Nobby's Piles" I think
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • Stevo_666
    cimg1664.jpg
  • joelsim
    TRICK the public that you've lost a dog by carrying an empty lead and a bag of sh*t

MAN-SIZE Kleenex can also be used for blowing your nose

TRICK people into thinking you're a time-traveller by buying clothes in Middlesbrough
  • Stevo_666
    Get orf moi laaaand !

355.jpg