GPS and Heart rate monitor watch?

zummerzet-lou
zummerzet-lou Posts: 95
After mulling this purchase over for months, I'm back at looking at the options, and trying to decide if I would use and benefit from this gadget?

- I want a watch to track walks, as well as riding on 3 or 4 different bikes so I'm thinking a watch rather than bike-mounted.

- I like logging my workouts online (self-confessed geek).

- I'd like to train more effectively, and see where I should be pushing myself harder.

So ... I've found a Bryton 60 which I'm quite taken with ($299) which compares in price to a Garmin 110? any feedback on these would be appreciated .. and also any other models in this price range that I should consider?

Also .. how useful is the HRM?

Comments

• overlord2
    overlord2 Posts: 339
    Walking use a phone with gps.

Bike - Garmin. Brytons are a bit crap imo.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    the number of bikes shouldn't matter unless you want speed and cadence sensors, 3 or 4 of them might set you back a bit!

I managed to pick up a motoactv watch cheap (price match on wiggle + a few vouchers) and its pretty good, has gps, ant+ (so heart rate cadence etc) and its passable as a watch to wear all the time. I talso has a pedometer built in so you can see how active you are throughout the whole day.

only downsides are that it probably won't be supported going forward as motorola are now google owned and i'm pretty sure they'll be bringing out a smart watch sooner or later. And the website you upload stuff too isn't the greatest, but you can download activities and upload them somewhere else but its not ideal.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    I've got a new Garmin Forerunner 410 with HR strap listed in the for sale section which will tick all your boxes.

Check out the reviews for it, its a very good bit of kit. Will also listen to offers!
  • farrina
    farrina Posts: 360
    I use one of these for my running

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Forerunner-310XT-Sports-Watch/dp/B0025VKW5K

Not the latest but advantage relatively cheap. I also used to use it for cycling , but eventually got a Garmin 500 for bike. Both are still in frequent use.

Full review on D C Rainmaker site (along with a lot of other Garmin related stuff.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/product-reviews/garmin

Regards

Alan
    Regards
    Alan