Paris-Tours 2013 *Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• good finale, I like the balance of those climbs
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,931
    UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert 1h
    Hearing rumours the Sky team forgot to enter the Paris Tour sportive again this year!! Missed opportunity for them, I'd say.

UK Cycling Expert ‏@ukcyclingexpert 1h
    I'm pretty sure most of these big events can be entered online these days, so no excuses for Sir Dave over Sky's no show today!!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Degenkolb having a go at Belkin for interfering in the chase down of Bol - "Consequences for the future"!
    Indeed, I was wondering what he meant by that - sounded ominous!

As an aside anyone know what helmets the Belkin team were using? I haven't seen any details of a Bell aero road helmet.
  • thegibdog wrote:
    Degenkolb having a go at Belkin for interfering in the chase down of Bol - "Consequences for the future"!
    Indeed, I was wondering what he meant by that - sounded ominous!

I don't think there is anything sinister in what he said. Just someone not speaking in their first language.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    He really needs to shave that moustache.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Why?

He's a policeman afterall.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Because they look good on about 10% of men and 0% of cyclists.

Any man thinking they look cool with a moustache is deluding themselves. And women do not like them.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    But they are full of panache.

errol-flynn-may-1938-everett-640x852.jpg
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Jtomes1993 wrote:
    JD did it the hard way, going with attacks without having to rely on a team to do the work (no names mentioned)

Deserving winner

It's funny, Argos-Shimano seemed to put an awful lot of work in for a rider who wasn't relying on them.