Handlebars and Stem-Any Info?

2»

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    It's really riling me that my dream next build will at first have a 3t stem, deda bars and a proprietary post.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    edited October 2013
    NapD why don't you go with a deda stem ? What length stem do you use ?
  • napoleond
    Mccaria wrote:
    NapD why don't you go with a deda stem ?

I will when the frame comes and I know what length to get. Superleggero.

I have all deda on my winter bike.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Mccaria
    Good choice, I really like the Superleggero/Superleggera combo, comfortable bars and ridiculously light. I am currently using a 13cm stem with the 46cm bars and it is the lightest combination I have come across and stiff enough for me.

Rgds
  • napoleond
    Mccaria wrote:
    Good choice, I really like the Superleggero/Superleggera combo, comfortable bars and ridiculously light. I am currently using a 13cm stem with the 46cm bars and it is the lightest combination I have come across and stiff enough for me.

Rgds

My only concern is stiffness. It will likely also be a 13cm stem. Any issues? I'm a sprinter so there will be a lot of sprint training done on it!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Mccaria
    I haven't had any problems, but don't use them for sprinting. I was interested in the light weight and like the shape of
    the bars. If weight was of less relevance I think I would go for a slightly heavier bar. Not sure if my logic holds, but the Superlegerra is just so light that if I was sprinting I would probably want the peace of mind of a bit more carbon and glue !
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Do you big fellas really notice a difference in stiffness with different stems/bars. I'm a 60Kg weakling and have never noticed any flex around the front end, stem is only 90mm and bars 40cm though.
  • Mccaria
    Hey Pete,

Climbing up the Alps I'd love to be 60kg ! Personally I haven't had a problem with bar/stem stiffness and have used Enve, Ritchey, 3T, Pro and Deda, but then it's many years since I have had to sprint. With respect to NapD's question the Superlegerra bars are so light and the carbon used so thin, I would just want a few more carbon layers if I was sprinting and putting high force through the bars on a regular basis.
  • napoleond
    During standing starts you should see how much I can get the bars to move!! I don't do that much standing start training on the road bike though.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    NapoleonD wrote:
    My current set up is a 3T stem and Deda zero100 bars. I need culling for the mismatch...

I have 3T ergonova bars and Deda Zero1 stem and to make it worse I have an FSA K-Force seat post...oh the horror!