Rubber queen

2»

Comments

• ej2320 wrote:
    Tom Barton wrote:
    I love my Hans Dampfs - trailstar up front and a pacestar rear. Best allrounders I've ever had.

Used a RQ 2.4 up front at one point (it was black chilli compound) - ludicrous tyre (only just fitted under a Fox 36!!), very grippy but I found it slow to respond to changes in direction - so epic in a straight line down rocks but not so good for typically more techy UK stuff.

RQ 2.2 - I was using UST so I never got the full black chilli experience which I regret because I thought the standard compound was ok, touch unpredictable in the wet. Everyone raves about the BC compound.

That's the combo HDs I want
    Are you running tubeless? Notice any roll when cornering?

Yes they are tubeless, and so far all good. No pinches, one little slice into the rear tyre that was easily fixed with a patch but I've also had RQs that have come off worse for rocks - both are durable tyres, just some bad luck on my part i think). Good grip in all degrees of dry and soaking so far this year. And no I haven't noticed any roll on them during heavy duty cornering. Very predictable tyre. I'm a fan :)

Edit* and given the intent and capability of this tyre the rolling resistance is good.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    The kinky Rubber Queen has been replaced by the X-King.

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k371/a ... lding.html

I've got a Mountain King II protection black 2.2" chilli and it comes up exactly as per specs 50mm.

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k371/a ... lding.html

Does the old Rubber Queen come up large and the new tyre smaller like the Mountain king ?

The reason I ask is I've got a Hans Dampf trailstar on the front of my 29er and in mud it turns into a boat anchor.
    It's just to large.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    adamfo wrote:
    The kinky Rubber Queen has been replaced by the X-King

No it hasn't. The X-king is a completely different tyre, the Rubber Queen was renamed the Trail King and is still available. Exactly the same as the Rubber Queen but different name. The 2.2 Trail King/Rubber Queen comes up pretty big for a 2.2, but despite being sponsored by Conti, I still use Hans Dampfs, very predictable, grippy, and they roll really well despite the size.
  • adamfo
    adamfo Posts: 763
    lawman wrote:
    adamfo wrote:
    The kinky Rubber Queen has been replaced by the X-King

No it hasn't. The X-king is a completely different tyre, the Rubber Queen was renamed the Trail King and is still available. Exactly the same as the Rubber Queen but different name. The 2.2 Trail King/Rubber Queen comes up pretty big for a 2.2, but despite being sponsored by Conti, I still use Hans Dampfs, very predictable, grippy, and they roll really well despite the size.

Yes, sorry I meant Trail King. To many kings from one company !