Il Lombardia 2013 *SPOILER*

1235»

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    As for the thread length, would have been longer if it was shown live instead of the world skittles championships or whatever it was... NEARLY had the result spoiled by Facebook but averted my eyes before any damage was done.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    i think today was yet another boring 2013 classic/monument. without the riders all been doped up to the eyeballs i reckon 240km is just too far.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    gsk82 wrote:
    i think today was yet another boring 2013 classic/monument. without the riders all been doped up to the eyeballs i reckon 240km is just too far.

Eh?
  • No praise for Majka? Caps off an outstanding season for the 24 year old. Looking forward to seeing what he does next year.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I couldn`t watch this due to family commitments but reading the whole ticker, various race reports and seeing some parts of the race today, it seems to me that it was a very exciting race if not the best edition. All broken up on the dangerously steep slopes, only a large handful of riders in attendance, a courageous break from Voeckler that was looking good before his crash, a nice move by Visconti before he also crashed, some firecrackers on the last slopes.

Great to see Rodriguez take the win. Nice to see Martin up there as well as Majka - Rogers did a great job for him. Martin said it was Majka who didnt take a turn which is why they lost Valverde`s wheel then both their wheels slid out and Majka held his. Disappointed in Contador especially in these conditions and a shame to see Nibali crash again.

250-to061013spo_0273.jpg
    342-to061013spo_0297.jpg
    350-to061013spo_0281.jpg
    230-PIC402325184.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    230-PIC402325184.jpg

Why the white shorts? Wear your team's shorts, mun.

Anyone who wears an all white as World Champ should be stripped of the title, IMO.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Yeah, it's shocking.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    it seems to me that it was a very exciting race if not the best edition.
    Voeckler did his best to make it interesting but it was a lacklustre race overall.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Not content with dressing him for a First Communion, Movistar made Costa ride domestique for serial loser Valverde. Shocking disrespect for the stripes.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • How in love with Purito is Carlton Kirby?
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
  • frenchfighter
    “This crash is due to a narrowing in the road that wasn’t signalled,” Nibali told Gazzetta dello Sport. “Everybody was moving in from the right-hand side without braking. I thought I’d managed to get through it but instead they collided with me.”

“I had to go from 40kph to zero in one second. I fell on the same left leg that I hurt in Florence and I wasn’t able to bend it. I immediately understood that my Tour of Lombardy was finished,” Nibali said.

--

“I had very good legs for the end of the season. I could have waited and spared the legs a bit more but I am a rider who doesn’t like to follow. I am the one who likes to take a risk,” Voeckler said.

Voeckler’s risk ultimately did not pay off. “There was not really an organized chase behind me. The teams were not structured on the flatter sections. I went well. It’s not in my philosophy to follow. I preferred to have a go, knowing that I didn’t have the legs to beat those guys [including winner Joaquim Rodriguez (Katusha)] in the finale,” Voeckler added to L’Equipe.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    230-PIC402325184.jpg

Anyone who wears an all white as World Champ should be stripped of the title, IMO.

Cav had it right with the black shorts, much more of a classic look. Wasn't a fan of Gilbert's white shorts either
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    230-PIC402325184.jpg

Cav had it right with the black shorts, much more of a classic look. Wasn't a fan of Gilbert's white shorts either
    Still better than Voekler in the mountains jersey though, dodgy, dodgy outfit!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Mechanism wrote:

I dunno why but I find her particularly attractive...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dortmunder wrote:
    How in love with Purito is Carlton Kirby?

Didn't think it was him commentating.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    andyp wrote:
    This new course is too predictable, with such a long gap between the Ghisallo and the final climb that favours a chasing peloton, which means it's a shoot out for the punchy climbers on the final climb.
    This. There was a bit of suspense as to whether Voeckler would make it but it never really looked on, and once J-Rod went on the last climb the race was over.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    ddraver wrote:
    Mechanism wrote:

I dunno why but I find her particularly attractive...

Each to their own I guess. I think she's a bit on the older side for my personal taste. Not liking the glasses either.

However, the one next to Costa with his name written on the shirt is quite attractive.
  • frenchfighter
    strike.gif
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    strike.gif
    Quite an impressive slide, never saw that on the TV