My Wilier Cento Uno SR

not-another-hillǃ
not-another-hillǃ Posts: 1,310
edited March 2014 in Your road bikes
Picked up my fabulous new bike on Monday....still cant believe I've finally got one :D

Its a 2012 WIlier Cento Uno, that was an ex-demo bike at Wilier UK importers ATB Sales in Hastings.

10058137385_432d848412_c.jpg

Its in fabulous condition and looks to have been ridden up and down the street a few times to get an idea of sizing, but not much else.

10058150423_678fe4f988_c.jpg

It's got a really rare paint job....I've never seen another one of these on the road in 3 years of riding.........it looks awesome and the photos don't do it justice, it really is stunning in the flesh......I love the colours, I'm really not a fan of the current "Stealth" trend for all-black bikes....

10057993184_d94dfe9929_c.jpg

10058161763_120e641ddc_c.jpg

10058136736_8ca31483b1_z.jpg

10058099444_46f2948e34_z.jpg
Despite chainrings saying "10 speed" it really is 11....

10058050974_ab326ba1af_z.jpg

Spec:

Frame: Full carbon monocoque, Large
Forks: Full carbon
Bars: Ritchey WCS
Stem: Ritchey WCS
Headset: Ritchey Carbon
Bar Tape: Cinelli

Front Brake Lever: Campagnolo Super Record 11
Front Caliper: Campagnolo Super Record 11
Rear Brake Lever: Campagnolo Super Record 11
Rear Caliper: Campagnolo Super Record 11

Shifters: Campagnolo Super Record 11
Cables: Gore Ride-On
Front Mech: Campagnolo Super Record 11
Rear Mech: Campagnolo Super Record 11

Seat: Wilier Selle Italia
Seat Post: WIlier integrated with Ritchey WCS carbon seat mast topper
Seat Post Clamp: n/a

Cranks: Fulcrum Wilier branded carbon 172.5
Chainring(s): Fulcrum 53/39
Chain: Campagnolo Super Record
Cassette: Campagnolo Super Record 11 speed, 12-25
Pedals: Look Keo Max 2
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Ultra Torque

Front Wheel: Fulcrum Racing Zero
Tyre: Michelin Pro Race 3
Back Wheel: Fulcrum Racing Zero
Tyre: Michelin Pro Race 3

Accessories: Garmin 500

Weight: 7kg bang on

Unbelievably, I haven't actually ridden it yet....hopefully out this weekend.....I could just spend the winter staring at it though..... 8)

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Wow look at that!

I was expecting another black/white/red Wilier when I clicked on this link. Love it!
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Awesome, just awesome. Really like this, great purchase.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Lovely bike, looks really good in those colours.
  • Now that's more like it. Very very nice.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    If there was a 'bike of the month' on this forum this would win it.
  • Words fail me. Delightful.
  • Thanks for all the positive comments guys......I am really pleased with her.....I just hope I can do her justice once I get on her :lol:
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Really great, very striking, love it..... I had a look at the ATB site and saw it was a "Team" bike and googled around to find out what that referred to and apparently it is Wilier/goselfdrive.com colours.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Big like. As others have said it's such a good paint job. Shows how good a bike can look if someone is prepared to go for it and step away from the normal reds etc. Chapeau.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Great bike, great spec etc. but just to show that we're all different, the colourscheme does not do it for me I'm afraid. Apologies.
  • Welcome to the club! ;-)
  • Dabber - thanks for the research - I too Googled it before I bought it, but found nowt.....your interweb fettling fingers are obviously more advanced than mine!

Thebigdivide - this my third Wilier, I love 'em....had a 2010 Izoard for 2 years, then upgraded to a 2011 Gran Turismo which I had for 2 weeks before I saw this and just had to have it!
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Dabber - thanks for the research - I too Googled it before I bought it, but found nowt.....your interweb fettling fingers are obviously more advanced than mine!

You're welcome. I must confess I don't anymore about the team though. Anyway, I'm very envious but I'll have to stick with my Mortirolo for a bit longer.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Seen one in the flesh - absolutely gorgeous. Well played!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Sodafarl
    Sodafarl Posts: 118
    Wow a lovely bike. Enjoy.
  • Wow, fab bike, spec, colours, enjoy!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Chapeau 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Great looking bike!
  • http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/a ... for-2012-0

Wilier/live2ride used this colour scheme
  • Beautiful looking bike! I love the colour scheme very very much! Different but not at all ugly... Campy super record too... very jealous!
    2013 Bianchi Vertigo Carbon with Campagnolo Zondas
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.
    ~ Albert Einstein
  • You should change the title to just 'My Wilier Cent Uno' - you don't want it getting mixed up with that Spiderman bike thing that they replaced the original with ;-)

And get a chain catcher on as soon as possible - because if the SR front mech miss fires (which is not very often I must add) you don’t want a big scratch across the 'Oversized Bottom Bracket' decal - believe me - I know :-(
  • And get a chain catcher on as soon as possible - because if the SR front mech miss fires (which is not very often I must add) you don’t want a big scratch across the 'Oversized Bottom Bracket' decal - believe me - I know :-(

Thegreatdivide- Funny you should mention that......one of the very few marks on the bike when I bought it was some chainsuck marks on the drive side chainstay, just behind the chainrings.....had to get some green paint mixed up at B&Q, plus a dab on clear nail varnish to cover it up!!!
  • Snap!

cento-uno.jpg
    20x30-RLBC0093.jpeg
  • Aha OptionClick!..another one... :D

I like the Cosmics on yours, very nice.....
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Absolutely gorgeous - love the colour scheme
  • andyoh
    andyoh Posts: 115
    You should change the title to just 'My Wilier Cent Uno' - you don't want it getting mixed up with that Spiderman bike thing that they replaced the original with ;-)(

I think the SR in the title is referring to Super Record. OP nice bike and nice spec, the colour wouldn't be my choice but each to their own, very nice bike though.

@thegreatdivide. The Cento 1 SR or the spiderman bike thing as you call it, is actually a very good frame. Yes, It's not the original Cento Uno, it's a development of the technology and Wilier moving on as other manufacturers do. Yes the original is a great frame but also not to everyone's taste. I could have got an original but chose the new version.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Snap!

cento-uno.jpg
    20x30-RLBC0093.jpeg

Massively impressed with the OP's bike but with these wheels on it things just got better!
  • Ah you see I prefer the OP's low pro wheels, each to their own I guess
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Ah you see I prefer the OP's low pro wheels, each to their own I guess

+1, the Mavics look like a dog's dinner, OP's is a smaller size frame too(?) which helps as bikes always look better in certain sizes. The black seatpost topper looks better. Neither one has a good looking saddle though.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Love that nice one. Seen a couple in mallorca in that colour better in the flesh. I like the yellow one too.