£3.75 Sainsbury's Pepperoni Pizza Ad

2»

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I have to say that the ads are gone at work today.

Let the shirking begin!

:P

Edit:- As soon as I posted, they reappeared. I am out of Bikeradar for the day. :cry:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    daviesee wrote:

Let the shirking begin!

Edit:- As soon as I posted, they reappeared. I am out of Bikeradar for the day. :cry:
    Will he be back ^ ?

Only time will tell
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I don't get the advert, but can vouch for the pizza. Especially if it's the one with salami and roquito peppers on it. Funnily enough, the last time I bought anything in response to something on the BR forums was after the thread about a dinner lady getting in trouble for serving gammon to a muslim pupil - I went out and bought some gammon steaks.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    seanoconn wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

Let the shirking begin!

Will he be back ^ ?

Only time will tell

He'll be back, he's the BikeRadar bad pennie :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

Let the shirking begin!

Will he be back ^ ?

Only time will tell

:lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    IT'S BACK :evil: :evil:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

Let the shirking begin!

Will he be back ^ ?

Only time will tell

:lol:

Not written for Daviesee, but perhaps applicable.

Will ye no' come back again?
    Better lo'ed ye canna be
  • daviesee
    I was only going away while I was at work as these ad's are doing my head in and I cant be bothered.

I got drawn back by the opposition. :oops:
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    The truth is, this thread is actually part of a viral marketing campaign targeted at people using blockers. How big a slice of pizza is arran77 getting for kicking it off, and how much am I earning for posting this image?:

BySainsburys_Pizza.jpg
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Ahhhhh, Pizza free :cool:. Well worth 2 minutes of internet searching and downloading to return browsing BR back to being a pleasant experience. Happy enough to put things back as they were when the Admins tell us that they have got rid of this horrible development.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • daviesee
    Rolf F wrote:
    Ahhhhh, Pizza free :cool:. Well worth 2 minutes of internet searching and downloading to return browsing BR back to being a pleasant experience. Happy enough to put things back as they were when the Admins tell us that they have got rid of this horrible development.
    I have been trying to make this point for months, to no avail.

No ads suits me but it can't be much good for the site.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    They don't need us to tell them how widely ad stoppers are installed. They know who you are and what add ons your browser has and whether you're a linux or apple kind of person. And they know where you live.*

I imagine they can work out whether the extra revenue from annoying ads is being offset by fewer people seeing them.

(*They don't actually know where you live)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    craker wrote:
    They don't need us to tell them how widely ad stoppers are installed. They know who you are and what add ons your browser has and whether you're a linux or apple kind of person. And they know where you live.*

I imagine they can work out whether the extra revenue from annoying ads is being offset by fewer people seeing them.

(*They don't actually know where you live)

Which is absolutely fine really. If a large chunk of us install ad blockers and they still feel that the revenue is higher by having irritating adverts seen by some of the forum users than non irritating adverts seen by all of us, then those of us that have installed ad blockers have no reason to feel guilty about it; everyone is happy.

The blocker seems to have binned those annoying Youtube ads as well so double result! :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • It's just an ordinary, rather small pizza, with a few bits of leaf stuck on top. As if that's supposed to make it look better. 99.9% of people won't eat the leaves.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Appropriate steps have now been taken ...
  • Mikey23
    and on the pc
  • daviesee
    Oooooooooooo!

E63 for me this morning. Nice.
    Not that Id ever get one.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    It's just an ordinary, rather small pizza, with a few bits of leaf stuck on top. As if that's supposed to make it look better. 99.9% of people won't eat the leaves.

I am the 0.01% :D

The leaves are the only bit I would be interested in, although them describing it as wild rocket is incorrect, this is a different plant, Diplotaxis tenuifolia, not Eruca sativa this is a common mistake to think that rocket and wild rocket are the same plant, they are not, and Diplotaxis tenuifolia (wild rocket) doesn't taste the same, it has a more mustard taste, they should say Eruca sativa or rocket.

And don't get me started on their use of the word pepperoni, this is a corruption of the Italian peperoni, the plural of peperone, the Italian word for bell pepper, Capsicum annuum, not a bit of dead pig, neither should be on a pizza.

Probably given that way too much importance for a Monday morning :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Some research has shown, with regard to ad jingles at least, the more irritating an ad is, the more effective it is (think Shake'n'Vac or Chicken Tonight). Just look how much discussion these new ads are generating here!
  • Mikey23
    @team47b... No mate, it's got to be said...